Hanson Professional Services, Inc. is accepting applications for a Mechanical Engineer (Bonifay, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, Sarasota, Tallahassee, and West Palm Beach, FL; Carbondale, Frankfort, Lisle, McHenry, Peoria, Peotone, Rockford, and Springfield, IL; Indianapolis, IN; Louisville, KY; Minneapolis, MN; Kansas City and St. Louis, MO; Raleigh, NC; Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Dallas, and Houston, TX; Seattle, WA)
As a Mechanical Engineer, you’ll be part of a growing Hanson environment while working on exciting and challenging large-scale projects as part of a collaborative, experienced and diverse team. This position will be responsible for design and construction observation, energy audits, commissioning (Cx) and retro-commissioning (RCx) of building and facility mechanical systems for a variety of industrial, educational, institutional, governmental and commercial projects. These systems will include HVAC and energy systems of varying types and sizes (including temperature controls and energy management systems), plumbing systems, special piping systems (for hospitals, laboratories, etc.) and fire protection systems. Studies may include due diligence studies of existing systems, feasibility and conceptual design studies with preliminary construction cost estimates, energy audits and analyses, indoor air quality evaluation studies and utility master plan reports.
Additionally, as a Mechanical Engineer, you will support the mechanical discipline by providing senior technical expertise, input regarding processes, deliverables and standards of practice, engagement with partners and stakeholders external to Hanson to maintain an understanding of industry trends and emerging technologies, and proficiency in communicating Hanson’s technical capabilities to both technical communities and the public.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist technical personnel assigned to the Mechanical Discipline to develop redundant resources and deliver standardized performance.
- Participate in monthly meetings for continuing development of technical proficiency within the discipline, including creation and continuing development of discipline-specific standards with regards to standard operating procedures, internal design and calculation tools, and master details and specifications.
- Work with team members inside and outside the Mechanical Discipline to execute projects and prepare technical deliverables to meet project requirements.
- Provide input to the strategic planning process relative to current and future technical areas of competency, and emerging technologies and practices.
- Provide recommendations on the technical organizations, committees within those organizations and technical conferences and events in which Hanson should participate.
- Provide technical support for proposals/pursuits, including go/no-go decisions, scoping, costing, and scheduling.
- Provide technical support for agreement preparation.
- Helping engage other technical staff (both inside and outside the Practice) to keep abreast of trends and emerging technologies/practices which may impact project efficiency, production, and delivery.
- Ability to effectively communicate between multiple office locations and multiple disciplines.
- Work under the supervision and direction of the Hanson Mechanical Discipline Manager.
- Become the Mechanical Engineer of Record for projects in Illinois for which candidate will have responsible charge.
Successful Outcomes Include
- Exceeding client expectations by utilizing resources within Hanson as well as resources available from external technical organizations.
- Contributing to an increase in production efficiencies within the Mechanical Discipline with respect to writing reports, creating construction documents (drawings and specifications), and performing Construction Administration tasks.
- Meeting all client deadlines and requirements.
- Recognition among our clients as an industry leader and trusted advisor.
- Being a trusted team member and helping to mentor younger staff.
- Licensure in the state of Illinois as a professional engineer in mechanical engineering or a related field with extensive experience in Mechanical Engineering is required. The ability to obtain licensure through endorsement within three (3) months is acceptable.
- Hold a current National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) record with the ability to obtain licensure in numerous states is preferred.
- Recognized technical proficiency in Mechanical Engineering, specifically with respect to HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection.
- Minimum of 7 years in the consulting professional services industry performing work within this Discipline
- Candidate having the ability to obtain a Top-Secret clearance is preferred but not required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience
- LEED accreditation (preferred)
- Strong AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, and Revit MEP skills
- Understanding of all applicable codes such as the International Building Code (IBC) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requirements.
- Experience with load calculation and energy modeling software such as Trane Trace 700 and Trace 3D.
- Experience with energy audits, Cx and RCx.
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS
Hanson specializes in engineering, planning and a range of allied services. We’re an employee-owned, award-winning consulting firm with offices across the United States.
Since 1954, our clients have known us as a trusted partner, committed to their success and capable of handling challenging projects. From planning and design to construction and completion, we’ll take a hands-on approach to your project with a clear focus on your goals, budget and timeline.
For more information and to apply click here.