Horner & Shifrin is seeking a full-time Mechanical Engineer with 5+ years’ experience. This position requires understanding of mechanical designs and calculations for HVAC systems. Responsibilities will include design, load analysis, site surveys, RFI and submittal reviews.
- Design of Mechanical HVAC, Chilled and Hot Water Piping, Steam and Building Automation systems for education, commercial, housing and healthcare buildings.
- Licensed professional engineer is preferred.
- Responsible for preparing Mechanical systems project construction documents and specifications.
- QA/QC other Mechanical engineers
- Knowledge of the International Mechanical Code and Healthcare Codes
- Ability to research related codes and standards to insure design compliance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Coordinate design information between disciplines
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to traverse sites, including walking through projects under construction.
- Interface with clients.
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment
- Knowledge of Trane Trace
- Knowledge of REVIT
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Plumbing, Medical Gas, Natural Gas and Fire Protection systems and design is a benefit.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis in Mechanical systems.
SALARY RANGE: Salary will commensurate with experience.
We are a Federal Contractor, 100% employee-owned, equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Please apply by clicking here