Benefits to our Members Start Immediately
The membership rates are:
Development organizations, trade associations, etc.
Servicers, vendors, firms, consultants, etc.
Ports & Terminals
Private or Public Ports and Terminals
The benefits to our members start immediately. All new members are announced in email and on social media.
MEMBER BENEFITS INCLUDE
Listing in Annual Directory mailed to all IRPT Members
Member Listing on IRPT Website with Link to Your Website
Complimentary Marketing and Advocacy Services
Access to IRPT Hosted Webinars
Annual Basin Meetings
Inbox Alerts to Federal Register Notices, Funding Opportunities and More
Port/Terminal Facility Listing on IRPT Interactive Map
Discounted Registration at Annual IRPT Conference
Social and Networking Opportunities
The mission of IRPT is to be a resource for inland river ports, terminals and river-borne transportation services and to promote the value of the inland river transportation system to users and policy makers. We also understand and appreciate the value of an all-inclusive transportation package that includes truck and rail. To accomplish this, we:
Regional collaboration to increase business opportunities and strategize on challenges
the inland waterways and all industries and companies that serve it
cooperation between all users and governmental agencies
the general public and future workforce of industry efforts.
IRPT has done some very exciting things this year to continue our mission of being a resource for the inland river ports and promoting the healthy growth and operation of our industry. Some of our current initiatives include:
- Career Opportunity postings
- Container on Barge Initiative
- Navigation Notice alerts
- Inland Port Education
- River Basin Meetings, virtual Meet and Greets and New Member Orientations
- Annual IRPT Conference
We host several events each year giving our members the opportunity to gain center stage with others in our industry, including river basin meetings, social receptions, etc.
Inland port and terminal facilities are often times very small in staff size and our professionals wear many hats on a daily basis. As a Member of Inland Rivers, Ports and Terminals (IRPT), please remember – you are not alone.
Through an extensive network, dedicated leadership and staff, IRPT provides many resources to our members.
On a National Level:
In addition to advocating for federal funding for infrastructure improvements and higher levels of Army Corps funding, IRPT continues to build relationships with industry agencies, partners and other associations. We have signed Memorandums of Understanding with:
- International Association of Maritime Port Executives
- American Short Line and Regional Railroad Association
- Transload Distributors Association of North America
- National Association of Foreign Trade Zones
On a Regional Level:
In addition to annual and/or bi-annual Basin meetings, IRPT participates in regional efforts as well. We have participated in:
- Workshops (Dredge, MARAD, container on barge, shipper, etc.);
- Committees (Revitalization, joint committees, etc.);
- Career Postings and Fairs;
- Webinars and Conference calls on variety of topics;
- Regulatory and advocacy affairs (State and Federal).
On a Facility Level:
In addition to providing informational eblasts pertaining to Federal Register notices, grant opportunities, career postings or new business opportunities, IRPT has provided numerous resources to individual port and terminal facilities, such as:
- Design/create marketing materials, press releases, presentations and talking points;
- Regulatory affairs (permitting) and advocacy affairs (State and Federal);
- Grant application assistance;
- Facilitate introductions and networking;
- Provide referrals and recommendations through IRPT’s network;
- And so much more.
Hear from our Members:
"I would like to express my appreciation for all the work you do and how it makes my job easier."
"I would like to congratulate the entire IRPT team on your successful efforts in Washington DC, lobbing for our cause."
"Being a member of IRPT has yielded new friendships, industry insight, important connections and with up to date news and information that help us run and grow our business."
"Your experience and insight and willingness to help makes my job easier."