Consolidated Terminals & Logistics is accepting applications for a Merchant Assistant (Louisiana, MO)
Are you a highly motivated and skilled professional with experience in providing exceptional customer service and love working in a position that requires a strong attention to detail? If so, this might be just the right career move for you!
This job is primarily responsible for assisting the grain merchandising group in various support roles including, but not limited to, contract management, logistics and compiling daily bid sheets. Additionally, this job will be responsible for assisting merchandisers with accounting responsibilities to ensure prompt payment of invoices.
In this job, you will:
- Utilize grain purchasing principles to buy grain.
- Provide bids to customers from bid sheets and enter contracts; follow up on unsigned and undelivered/unpriced contracts.
- Work with customers not assigned to a merchandiser.
- Respond to customer inquiries around facilities questions such as: dumping hours, commodities received, moisture limits, DP rates, etc.
- Notify various groups around bids, facility updates, USDA reports, and other topics via text messages.
- Combine regional positions into summarized positions.
- Process checks, follow up on outstanding receivables and unapplied cash on a daily basis.
- Assist with the planning and execution of producer meetings and/or events.
- Review and assist with collections on accounts receivable, as needed.
- Update month end reports using applicable software (i.e. customer volume, demurrage, unloads, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered:
Required – High School Diploma or equivalent OR equivalent education and experience.
Preferred – Associate’s degree.
Required – None.
Preferred - Clerical experience within a grain company.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of grain purchasing principles.
- Basic knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Exceptional customer service skills; including phone skills.
- High attention to detail and level of accuracy.
- Ability to work both independently and as a dedicated team player.
- Ability to work after hours/weekend as needed.
Here’s additional information you need to know:
Physical Demands & Requirements
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
The work environment described here are meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work inside where there are limited extremes to heat and/or cold; moderate noise; a normal office environment.
Travel, up to 20%, to other locations and/or customer locations; may also include off-site training and/or alternate work locations.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today!
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.