Consolidated Terminals and Logistics Company (CTLC), a division of CGB Enterprises, Inc., is accepting applications for a Millwright (Convent, LA)
This job is primarily responsible for maintaining and/or constructing industrial machinery. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, installing, maintaining, upgrading and fabricating machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings.
In this job, you will:
Actual responsibilities will vary depending on daily needs and type of facility.
- Fully participate in the company Safety Program and attends daily pre-shift meetings.
- Perform all duties within compliance of OSHA, company safety, and environmental regulations (ISO where applicable); including wearing appropriate PPE for task being performed.
- Perform daily walk-through of facility and equipment, plan and prioritize day based on facility needs and supervisor input.
- Perform routine inspections and preventative maintenance (per manufacturer's recommendations and company policies) to maximize equipment life and reduce downtime.
- Troubleshoot reported or discovered equipment issues; repair or replace defective parts or requests assistance as needed.
- Maintain needed inventory to complete routine tasks and maintenance.
- Utilize understanding of industry standards and research information to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Complete documentation timely, accurately and legibly.
- Operate a variety of rolling stock equipment (where applicable).
- Perform highly skilled maintenance tasks, such as fabrication, cutting, blue print reading, etc. (where applicable).
- Other duties as assigned; including performing general housekeeping and clean-up of all work areas; including sweeping, shoveling, washing, painting.
Required - High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required – None.
Preferred - Experience in mechanical maintenance.
Required - Valid driver's license and ability to meet company auto insurance requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate to advanced level of understanding of mechanical maintenance, knowledge of machines and tools, including the designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- General knowledge of many types of tools.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Basic mathematical skills, i.e. add subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to read and understand measurements.
- Ability to follow direction and to use logical thought process to interpret oral and written instructions and recommend alternative solutions to mechanical problems.
- Ability to complete documentation requirements
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to use tools appropriate for assigned task.
- Ability to remain focused on exceptional customer service, both internally and externally.
Physical Demands & Requirements
- Ability to lift/push/pull 45 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel and squat occasionally.
- Ability to use manual dexterity (i.e. grasp, manipulate and assemble small objects).
- Arm/hand steadiness and multi-limb coordination.
- Ability to climb stairs and climb ladders to significant heights.
- Ability to work around water.
- Ability to understand and communicate verbally, in person and over two-way radio.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to perform work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work in an environment with high dust levels around grain and other bulk products.
- Ability to meet requirement of and utilize all applicable PPE, when applicable.
- Ability to work on call as needed.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekend, holidays and/or alternate shifts as needed.
- Uses near, far and peripheral vision and depth perception for task(s) being performed.
- The work environment described here are meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment.
- Travel, 5%-20% travel may be required at some facilities. This may include off-site training and/or work at alternate locations.
Even during this COVID-19 pandemic, we are hiring immediately and looking for talented people to join our organization! We are an ESSENTIAL business in the global food supply.
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
CTLC possesses one of the largest and most sophisticated networks of assets and manpower in the U.S. It has become one of the major logistics providers and handlers of bulk commodities and products throughout the middle and lower United States. In addition, CTLC now serves the global marketplace, capable of moving customers’ products from anywhere in the world to its final destination in the United States, and vice versa. From trucking to ocean freight, CTLC is an organization capable of providing world-class service with a small company attitude.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.