Lawson Marine is accepting applications for a Millwright Worker in Jonesboro, AR. Lawson Rigging & Fabrication is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense industrial facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical, and processing; power and renewable energy; fertilizer facilities, commercial grain facilities, barge loading/unloading facilities, cargo ship loading/unloading facilities, and mining industries.
We have an immediate need for Millwrights!
Position to be based in Northeast Arkansas
The position offers a competitive wage based on qualifications.
Benefits and insurance and 401K are available.
· Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
· Completes work to meet company quality standards.
· Operate construction equipment such as forklifts, man lifts, hoisting equipment, excavating equipment, etc.
· Receive, unload, stage, organize and inventory project materials, machinery, and equipment.
· Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
· Fabricates, assembles, erects, and installs structural systems to support and/or access equipment, machinery, and other structures.
· Dismantles machinery or equipment, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
· Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
· Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using hand tools and power tools.
· Constructs foundations for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood cement, and steel.
· Aligns and positions machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, and plumb bobs. Tests machines and equipment and makes necessary adjustments.
· Assembles machinery and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to the foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
· Repairs and lubricates machinery and equipment.
· Selects cables, ropes, chains, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
· Attaches load with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, ropes, and chains, to crane hook.
· Sets up, braces, and rigs hoisting equipment, using hand tools and power wrenches..
May perform welding tasks.
May perform a variety of duties including those of other positions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or GED preferred.
· Three or more years of Millwright experience.
· Industrial machine experience (such as a forklift).
· NCCCO Rigger Certification is preferred.
· Current OSHA 10 or MSHA Certification preferred.
· TWIC card preferred.
· Welding certifications preferred
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses repair, and maintenance.
· Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other industrial structures.
· Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
· Ability to work successfully as a team and independently with moderate supervision.
· Ability to understand and follow directions.
· Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
· Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints.
· Ability to comprehend and troubleshoot mechanical systems.
· Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
· Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
· Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
· Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
· Must be able to work at extreme heights.
· Will be exposed to fumes, dust, or other airborne particles.
· Will be exposed to loud noises.
· Will be exposed to extreme heights.
· Will be working from barges on inland marine facilities.
· Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
· Will be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat, and humidity or cold and wet conditions.
· May be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
· Drivers License Required, CDL preferred.
· Pre-employment drug screen is required.
· Travel will be required.
· Overtime will be required.
· Shiftwork may be required.
· Holiday and weekend work may be required.
Must possess and bring hand and power tools to each job site such as:
Squares, Levels, Hammers, Pry Bar, Plumb Bob, Wrenches, Allen Keys, Socket Wrenches, Pliers, Files, Trowels, Snips, Chisels, Pipe Wrenches, Clams, Punches and Reamers.
Lawson Rigging & Fabrication is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.
Lawson Rigging & Fabrication is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; including minorities, females, individuals with disability and protected veterans.
We participate in E-Verify.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Lawson Marine here.