Kansas City - River Operations Update - 16 May 2022
- River Conditions – Rain in Missouri remains in weekly forecast for mid Missouri portion of basin.
- Survey –Surveys crews are working layouts for contractors. Survey work schedule for this week includes RM 41, 43, 123, 144, 178, 214, 217 and 270.
- Channel Inspector – No change
- Newt Marine
- Floating plant at this location is almost 2 full maintenance crews with 1 loading dock. Crew working out of quarry at RM 8 will continue working out of this location.
- Working loading out of Jefferson City Reach of river.
- ACG – Will continue to work on new flow control structure at Cranberry Bend RM 282. Flow control structure is in place and near required height. Contractor has completed bank paving on left descending side of chute near flow control structure. Has moved to bank paving on right descending side of chute. Work scheduled to be completed this spring.
- Midwest – Resumed work placing rock on lower Tadpole Chute Flow control structure this week.
- WA Ellis – Underway load rock in Kansas City Area and work down toward RM 320. From RM 320 they will work upstream.
- NWK Floating Plant – Loading out of Lexington, MO and working near RM 280 Cranberry Bend.
- Newt Marine
- Obstructions RM 366 and 397 – Contract Awarded – Notice To Proceed expected soon.
- Bridge work
- Rocheport (I-70) Bridge – RM 185 – Contractor is moving barges for drilled shafts. USCG bridge group has been notified.
- Buck O’Neil (Broadway) Bridge – RM 366 - Contractor continues work. Survey team noted that depending on type of work barges and boats do reduce width of bridge navigation span. Navigators are reminded to coordinate with contractor for current conditions.
Next update Monday 23 May.
816-240-8131 Office Main Line