Yager Materials is accepting applications for a Mobile Equipment Mechanic (Battletown, KY)
Troubleshooting, diagnosing, modifying, fabricating, and repairing mobile and stationary equipment systems, hydraulic systems, diesel engines, drive trains and track equipment undercarriages by using specialized testing equipment and electrical systems knowledge. Responsible for all tasks related to preventative maintenance programs such as repairing fluid leaks, performing lube work, taking fluid samples, inspecting components and parts for proper operation, damage or wear, etc. Repair and replace components and parts as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent with applicable vocational technical training and/or experience in mining/heavy industrial equipment maintenance preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions, perform simple mathematical calculations, and keep records.
- Experience in heavy industrial Mining equipment repair and maintenance with Caterpillar, Hitachi, Volvo, Bucyrus Erie, Komatsu, Cummins, etc.
- Three years minimum experience working on heavy equipment.
- Working knowledge of manuals, schematics, and diagnostic tools.
- A thorough understanding of DC low voltage circuits, DC electronic systems, hydraulic troubleshooting/repairing in addition to an understanding of VIMS, SIS and ET systems.
- A strong working knowledge of electrical, fuel, and cooling systems, and be able to troubleshoot and repair them.
- Must provide journeyman tools set and ability to use hand tools and trade specific tools
- Willingness to work in adverse weather conditions required.
- Must have solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Must be able to work shift work, overtime, holidays and weekends.
- Must be at least 18 years old and presently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Yager Materials leads the construction related activities within Western, KY and along the Ohio River suppling limestone products, such as construction aggregate, manufactured sand, ag-lime, riprap, natural sand and gravel. All terminal locations are equipped for fleeting capabilities, hydraulic material handlers, floating cranes and towboats.
For more information and to apply, please click here.