Impala Terminals Burnside is accepting applications for a Mobile Equipment Operator I (Darrow, LA)
To operate various types of mobile equipment.
- Safely operate mobile equipment in a terminal and marine environment.
- Operate equipment in congested areas such as ship holds and barges.
- Conduct a pre-use inspection on all equipment operated.
- Lubricate and grease equipment as per OEM Manual prior to operating equipment.
- Ability to draft survey cargo barges.
- Ability to work overtime on an as-needed basis.
- Ability to work over the water.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Adhere to all Operation Policies and Procedures.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal regulatory agency requirements.
- Complete all other tasks assigned by management.
- Ability to work at elevated heights.
Compliance Health, Safety, Environmental, and Security:
- Report all Accidents, Incidents, and Near Misses.
- Adhere to all Terminal H.S.E/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure all emergency equipment is operational.
- Report any unusual or suspicious activity.
- Successfully complete a pre-employment physical.
- Capable of receiving T.W.I.C. credentials.
- Complete all required annual training.
- Attend all scheduled pre-shift safety meetings.
Experience Knowledge Skills:
- Have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Fluent in the English language.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
· Reports to the Operations Supervisor of Burnside Terminal
Impala Terminals owns and operates a network of ports, port terminals and warehouses which, combined with its transport assets, provide end-to-end logistics solutions for dry and liquid bulk cargoes, general cargo and containers. Impala Terminals through its own operations and its branded assets employs over 1,500 members of staff and owns and operates 28 facilities across 20 countries around the world.
Impala Terminals was created in 2010 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry to support the company's commodity flows. In 2018, a joint venture was created between Trafigura and global fund manager IFM Investors to own and operate Impala Terminals' network of concentrates terminal infrastructure in Mexico, Peru and Spain, and also includes oil supply chain including fluvial barges, oil tank terminals and retail outlets operating under a Puma Energy brand in Paraguay and a global operations which provide global freight forwarding and multimodal transportation services for Trafigura and third party clients. The strongly backed company has an ambitious business plan with strong targets for investment and growth, whilst continuing to apply the highest standards in health, safety and environmental management.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.