Multimodal Operations Specialist (Freight and Waterways)
The multimodal operations specialist performs routine entry-level activities in areas related to freight and waterways program administration, including the administration of state and federal funding for operational and capital expenditures to entities that provide transportation services. Responsibilities are performed under direct supervision.
Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Planning, Public Administration, or related field.
This position requires frequent interactions with legislators and other state agencies.
Preferred skills include:
Detail focused, public speaking, and collaborative team building.
Job requires regular, statewide, overnight travel
Examples of Work:
• Assists in the development of procedures, standards, and criteria to establish eligibility for multimodal operations and transportation programs; provides technical assistance to plan, implement, and operate programs and related systems.
• Reviews grant applications for completeness, accuracy, plan compliance, methodology, and feasibility; solicits grant applications.
• Communicates with transportation providers to provide guidance on requirements and procedures for multimodal projects.
• Attends or organizes and conducts meetings, workshops, training, and conferences for information or planning relating to multimodal matters; prepares and distributes materials related to multimodal transportation for public use.
• Conducts on-site inspections of projects and multimodal transportation services as required.
• Assists local advocacy groups in developing multimodal related plans.
• Performs other responsibilities as required or assigned
In order to be considered for this vacancy please go to the Missouri Department of Transportation Employment Application System (EAS) and submit an on-line application. Applications, and if applicable transcripts, must be received by no later than 11:55 pm of the closing date listed on the advertised vacancy.
Min Monthly Salary: $3,213.00 / $3,576.00 / $3,985.00
Number Positions: 1
Location: 105 W. Capitol Avenue, Jefferson City, MO
District/Division: Central Office / Multimodal Operations Division
Human Resources Contact Number:
Notice: Deadline to apply for this position is October 31, 2018, at 11:55 p.m.
Substitution of education for the experience requirement will be considered.
Remote work location and/or teleworking is not available for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V