Senior Multimodal Operations Specialist (Freight and Waterways)
The senior multimodal operations specialist performs varied and complex activities in areas related to freight and waterways program administration, including the administration of state financial assistance programs necessary for multimodal transportation operations, maintenance, improvements and expansion. Responsibilities are performed under general supervision.
Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Planning, Public Administration, or related field
Four years of experience in positions relating to multimodal transportation, federal or state grant program management,
public or transportation administration, transportation planning, accounting, or financial analysis.
This position requires frequent interactions with legislators and other state agencies.
Preferred skills include:
Detail focused, public speaking, and collaborative team building.
Job requires regular, statewide, overnight travel
Examples of Work:
Develops procedures, standards, and criteria to establish eligibility for multimodal operations and transportation programs;
provides technical assistance to plan, implement, and operate programs and related systems.
• Attends or organizes and conducts meetings, workshops, training, and conferences for information or planning relating to multimodal matters; prepares and distributes materials related to multimodal transportation for public use.
• Prepares project applications for federal aid in accordance with federal guidelines; drafts agreements for state fund recipients and implements processes for reimbursement of funds in accordance with applicable statutes and regulations.
• Analyzes data and performs special studies relating to multimodal activities. • Administers multimodal transportation project implementation programs; prepares annual budget requests and work program.
• Coordinates the planning, analyzing, and project implementation activities to provide state and federal financial assistance to meet their maintenance and capital improvement needs.
• Confers with federal, state, and local officials and the general public regarding matters of public multimodal transportation improvements or expansion and multimodal issues in the state; assists with the development of partnerships with freight and waterway stakeholders to improve systems in Missouri.
• Recommends state policy positions to management on federal/state multimodal proposals. • Partners with district and division staffs to intergrate freight planning into project processes.
• May perform lead worker responsibilities, which may include providing general instruction, assigning and reviewing work, coaching and training, providing guidance and instruction in the proper and most efficient methods of accomplishing tasks, and providing input to the direct supervisor on staffing decisions and performance management.
• Performs other responsibilities as required or assigned.
In order to be considered for this vacancy please go to the Missouri Department of Transportation Employment Application System (EAS) and submit an on-line application. Applications, and if applicable transcripts, must be received by no later than 11:55 pm of the closing date listed on the advertised vacancy.
Min Monthly Salary: $3,213.00 / $3,576.00 / $3,985.00
Number Positions: 1
Location: 105 W. Capitol Avenue, Jefferson City, MO
District/Division: Central Office / Multimodal Operations Division
Human Resources Contact Number:
Notice: Deadline to apply for this position is October 31, 2018, at 11:55 p.m.
Substitution of education for the experience requirement will be considered.
Remote work location and/or teleworking is not available for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V