OPERATIONAL STATUS - SOUTH EAST PIER
REVISION : REPAIR WORK EXTENDED THROUGH 20NOV2021
NOTICE NUMBER: 16067 / L21-08-2
EFFECTIVE: 07/26/2021 15:00 thru 11/20/2021 23:59 EDT
- Vessels utilizing Southeast Pier must land west of the point indicated by orange barricades, approximately 800 feet west of the east end of Southeast Pier, and at the direction of the Chief Lockmaster.
- Intermittent dive inspection and repair work along the easternmost 800 feet of Southeast Pier scheduled to take place between July 26, 2021, and August 23, 2021 has beenextended to November 20, 2021. Dive activities will be supported with a USACE tug and barge moored in this area.
- During diving activities, and at the direction of the Chief Lockmaster, upbound / downbound vessel passing for MacArthur Lock exchanges will occur east of the lock approach.
- The use of bow thrusters will be prohibited by any vessel on the eastern 800’ of Southeast Pier during this maintenance period.
- Questions regarding this notice may be directed to the Soo Area Engineer, Mr. Kevin Sprague at 906-635-3464. Our internet address is: https://www.lre.usace.army.mil/Missions/Operations/
CYNTHIA A. JAREMA, P.E.
Chief, Operations Office