Notice of Funding Opportunity: Illinois DOT
The Illinois Department of Transportation (DOT) has issued a Call for Projects for Statewide Planning and Research (SPR) Funds. Illinois DOT receives approximately $20 million annually in Federal Highway Administration State Planning and Research Funds to conduct statewide planning and research activities. The funds are used to establish a cooperative, continuous, and comprehensive framework for making transportation investment decisions and to carryout transportation planning and research activities throughout the State.
Private entities or non-profits are also eligible to apply if they have a public sponsor such as a municipality, park district, county, etc.
Eligible activities include:
- Planning studies
- Data purchase, collection, and/or analysis
- Research activities
- Program development activities
- Performance management activities
- Coordination/outreach activities
These funds are eligible to internal and external parties. Statewide Planning & Research funds are used to support planning and research activities. The funds are used to establish a cooperative, continuous and comprehensive framework for making transportation investment decisions and to carryout transportation planning and research activities throughout the state.
IDOT evaluated proposed projects based on the following criteria:
- Studying or implementing a goal strategy or objective within the state's Long Range Transportation Plan or one of the Department's associated plans.
- Implementing a performance-based program development process.
- Implementing asset management.
- Benefiting a disadvantaged/economically distressed community
Applications are due by MARCH 13, 2020. In order to be considered for State Planning and Research Funds, a port district will need to go into the IDOT website and apply directly online.
For more information on program guidance and application process, please visit: http://idot.illinois.gov/transportation-system/transportation-management/planning/index