NOTICE of Funding Opportunity: Missouri Department of Transportation
MoDOT is accepting applications for the FY2023 Freight Enhancement (FRE) program through June 3, 2022.
- The program is open to public, private and not-for-profit entities.
- In accordance with RSMo 226.225, Freight Enhancement funds must be used for transportation purposes other than roads.
- Freight Enhancement funds are limited to capital projects such as the construction of improvements or purchase of equipment that support the 2022 State Freight and Rail Plan’s identified goals, objectives, strategies, actions or needs.
- Operating costs are not eligible.
- A minimum of 20% of the project’s cost must come from sources other than FRE funding.
- A total of $3,250,000 is anticipated to be available for this program. The maximum available for any one project is $1,000,000. Funds will be paid on a reimbursable basis and will not be lump sum grants.
- A list of previously selected projects can be found on the MoDOT Freight website.
- Projects should be ready to begin July 15, 2022 and must be completed and billed to MoDOT by June 15, 2023. NOTE: All eligible costs must occur after July 15, be preapproved by MoDOT staff, and be procured following Missouri State Statutes.