Winter Weather Threat for Thurs., Feb. 3, 2022
Good afternoon Shreveport partners,
…Freezing Rain, Likely Mixed With Sleet and Snow Expected Early Thursday Morning through Thursday Evening...
Timing and Overview:
- Rain will transition to freezing rain across Southeast Oklahoma and extreme Northeast Texas early Thursday morning. Precipitation could be heavy at times.
- After daybreak, the precipitation will transition to a wintry mix of freezing rain, sleet, and snow, while gradually expanding eastward into more of East Texas and Southwest Arkansas.
- Locations affected should be west of a line from Tyler, TX, to Mount Pleasant, TX, to Nashville, AR.
- Less than 1 inch
- Freezing Rain/Ice
- Up to one-quarter inch in portions of Red River and McCurtain Counties.
- Accumulations of a few hundredths of an inch as far southwest as Lake Fork.
- Ice is expected on all surfaces, making travel extremely dangerous to near impossible.
- Elevated bridges and roadways will be at highest risk.
This forecast is highly uncertain and subject to change. There will be a special weather briefing Tuesday, February 1, at 1:30pm CST. Click the link below to register to attend.
Additional updates will be emailed as staffing/time permits. Please reference the additional resources below for more information.
Additional Information Resources:
NWS Shreveport Contact Numbers: 318-636-7345 or 318-631-3669 M-F (8AM - 4PM)
NWS Shreveport Webpage: http://www.weather.gov/shv
NWS Shreveport Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NWSShreveport
NWS Shreveport Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NWSShreveport
NWS Shreveport YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NWSShreveport
Weather Prediction Center (Winter Weather Forecasts): http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/wwd/winter_wx.shtml
Today’s Precipitation Accumulations: http://water.weather.gov/precip/?loctype=WFO&loc=wfoSHV
Request for Information:
Please relay winter weather reports and/or photos of winter weather to our office ASAP. Please e-mail photos to:
NWS Shreveport, LA