Severe Weather Risk This Evening / Winter Weather Risk Wed-Thu
Good afternoon Shreveport partners,
There is still a risk for a couple of severe thunderstorms through this evening across portions of Northeast Louisiana.
A Winter Weather Advisory is now in effect from 6am Wednesday until 12pm Thursday for Southeast Oklahoma and portions of Northeast Texas.
- There is a Marginal Risk for a couple of severe thunderstorms this evening across portions of Northeast Louisiana.
- Damaging winds up to 60 mph.
- Large hail up to the size of quarters.
Wednesday through Thursday:
- Freezing rain is expected across Southeast Oklahoma and portions of Northeast Texas.
- A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect from 6am Wednesday until 12pm Thursday.
- Ice accumulations of up to two-tenths of an inch are possible in Northern McCurtain County.
- Lesser amounts are expected farther south.
Additional updates will be emailed as staffing/time permits. Please reference the additional resources below for more information.
Additional Information Resources:
NWS Shreveport Contact Numbers: 318-636-7345 or 318-631-3669 M-F (8AM - 4PM)
NWS Shreveport Webpage: http://www.weather.gov/shv
NWS Shreveport Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NWSShreveport
NWS Shreveport Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NWSShreveport
NWS Shreveport YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NWSShreveport
NWS Storm Prediction Center: http://www.spc.noaa.gov
Sign up for Weather Alerts: https://inws.ncep.noaa.gov/
Request for Information:
Please relay any reports and/or photos of severe weather to our office ASAP. Please e-mail photos to:
NWS Shreveport, LA