NOTICE TO MARINERS
LOWER MISSISSIPPI RIVER
SECTION VII – GENERAL
This section contains information of general concern to the Mariners. Mariners are advised to use caution while transiting these areas.
LA - MISSISSIPPI RIVER, MILE 58.0, AHOP TO MILE 156.5, AHOP - Submerged Obstructions/Virtual Automated Identification System Aids to Navigation – UPDATE
The following identified obstructions have been reportedly salvaged:
- Mississippi River Wreck VAIS 58WR (LLNR-13457) Mile 58.0, LDB, AHOP, approximate position 29-38-11.1N 089-55-36.9W
- Mississippi River Wreck VAIS 114WR (LLNR-14117) Mile 114.0, LDB, AHOP, approximate position 29-58-24.7N 090-15-54.5W.
- Mississippi River Wreck VAIS 126WR (LLNR-14302) Mile 125.5, LDB, AHOP, approximate position 29-59-25.8N 090-24-16.5W.
- Mississippi River Wreck VAIS 134WR (LLNR-14402) Mile 133.5, LDB, AHOP, approximate position 30-03-15.0N 090-29-18.9W.
- Mississippi River Wreck VAIS 137WR (LLNR-14452) Mile 137.0, RDB, AHOP, approximate position 30-02-42.3N 090-32-16.5W.
- Mississippi River Wreck VAIS 157WR (LLNR-14692) Mile 156.5, RDB, AHOP, approximate position 29-58-45.3N 090-49-23.4W.
- Mississippi River Wreck VAIS 138WR (LLNR-14469) Mile 138.0, LDB, AHOP, approximate position 30-03-10.3N 090-33-32.1W.
LA - LOWER MISSISSIPPI RIVER - 106.0, AHOP, US 90 HUEY P LONG BRIDGE - Bridge Inspection
Inspections on the US 90 Huey P. Long Bridge across the Lower Mississippi River, Mile 106.0, AHOP, New Orleans, LA., will be concuted November 1- 8, 2021. Bridge inspectors will use ropes to repel to bridge piers and bottom chords. Inspectors will monitor VHF-FM Channels 13 and 16 and will move to safe locations when vessels pass beneath the bridge.
MILE 483.0 - CHANNEL CONDITION
Shoaling has been reported in the vicinity of Mile 483.0, mid-channel. Mariners are urged to exercise caution in the area.