OLD RIVER LOCK
SPECIAL NOTICE (UPDATE)
LOCAL NUMBER: MVN 22-23
DATE: March 9, 2022
Reference Navigation Bulletin No. 21-115, dated 28 September 2021, stating that the repairs on the Lock Emergency Bulkhead Lowering Carriage, and the procedures contained in this bulletin, have been extended through 28 February 2022.
MARINERS ARE ADVISED THAT THE REPAIRS ON THE LOCK EMERGENCY BULKHEAD LOWERING CARRIAGE, AND THE PROCEDURES CONTAINED IN THIS BULLETIN, HAVE BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH 31 JULY 2022.
Tows entering the Lock are urged to use extreme caution while approaching and entering the lock chamber. While approaching the Lock, the following are required for passage:
- Tows are to enter the Lock at DEAD SLOW speed.
- All tows are restricted to no longer than 1100’ in length.
- All tows will line up along the floating guidewall before proceeding.
- Two line-handlers with life vests and bumpers will be required on both approach and exiting of the Lock.
- Vessels must be moored by bow and stern lines to floating timberheads.
AGAIN, USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN LOCKING THROUGH OLD RIVER LOCK.
The Lockmaster, Anthony T. Lindsly, can be reached at (225) 492-3333 for up-to-date information. The point of contact with the New Orleans District is Russell Beauvais at (225) 492-2169.
MICHELLE C. DAIGLE
Chief, Technical Support Branch