Kansas City - River Operations Update - 4 April 2022
- Gavins Point is currently releasing flows that meet minimum flow targets for Omaha, Nebraska City, and Kansas City. Flows will be adjust to meet targets including Sioux City prior to any Navigation going above Omaha.
- Channel Inspector - No activity scheduled this week
- Survey - Surveys scheduled for this week include; RM 26, 56, 282, 366, others will be added to meet need. Teams also laying out work for maintenance contractors and crews.
- Newt Marine
- Crew working out of quarry at RM 8 will continue working out of this location.
- Paused due to plant maintenance issues. Preparing to start work loading out of Jefferson City Reach of river.
- ACG – Will continue to work on new flow control structure at Cranberry Bend RM 282. Flow control structure is in place and near required height. Contractor will work on bank paving connecting to structed, then finish control structure. Work scheduled to be completed this spring.
- Midwest – Scheduling rock loads to start work on lower Tadpole Chute Flow control structure.
- WA Ellis – Paused due to plant maintenance issues. Preparing to start work in Kansas City Area where they paused last fall.
- NWK Floating Plant – Moving upstream to start work by completing repairs to two structures at RM 280 where they paused last fall. On trip up will work on notch at RM 178, if access is available.
- Newt Marine
- Obstructions RM 366 and 397. Engineering is completing design for removal/lowering of obstruction. Award is scheduled for this spring. Both locations will be surveyed and virtual buoy information provided.
- Bridge work
- Rocheport (I-70) Bridge – RM 185 - Contractor continues work. Contact numbers for navigators will be provided with boat reports.
- Buck O’Neil (Broadway) Bridge – RM 366 - Contractor continues work. Contact numbers for navigators will be provided with boat reports.
- Spring Annual Operating Plan meetings are scheduled for week of April 11 - 15. Schedule and locations can be found at https://www.nwd.usace.army.mil/MRWM/Public-Meetings/Meetings/ .
- 11 April – 10:30 – Ft. Peck, MT
- 11 April – 18:00 – Bismarck, ND
- 12 April – 10:00 - Ft. Pierre, SD
- 12 April – 16:00 – Sioux City, IA
- 13 April – 11:00 – Smithville, MO
- 13 April – 19:30 – Nebraska City, Ne
- 15 April – 10:30 – St. Louis, MO
Next update Monday 11 April.