Red River Navigation Update & Lock Closures
Please click here to view the USACE slides regarding the Lindy C Boggs L & D and Red River L & D 1.
* The pools are experiencing a minor rise that should not impact navigation between Locks.
* ACME is at 27.3' and rising to 28.3' by Sunday, 6 March.
* Red River Landing is at 45.5' and projected to crest at 49.0' on Saturday, 12 March.
Old River Lock Major Maintenance
* At this time Old River Lock plans on closing on 15 August 2022 for 90 days.
* There is no opportunity for intermittent openings during this closure.
Red River Lock 1 Major Maintenance (attached is a Lock 1 briefing)
* Lock 1 will be closed for 60 days during the 90-day Old River Lock closure.
* Access to the Mississippi River, through Old River Lock will be closed for 90 days.
* Industry needs to consider stockpiling product.
* There is an alternate route, around Old River Lock, by the Atchafalaya River.
* Vicksburg District is considering opening Lock 1 during the 60-day closure to pass traffic.
* Industry needs to consider the option of Lock 1 closed for 30 days, open for 1-2 weeks and closed for 30 days - BUT would have to use the Atchafalaya River. We will be requesting impacts and industry input in April.
Richard Brontoli, Executive Director
Red River Valley Association
P.O. Box 709
Shreveport, LA 71162