Red River Navigation Update
Pool Levels: Recent rains will create a rise in river levels.
Shreveport Gage: Currently 15.0' and projected to crest at 17.2' on Thursday, 24 March.
Coushatta Gage: Currently 25.3' and projected to crest at 26.0' on Thursday, 24 March.
Grand Ecore Gage: Currently 20.7' and projected to crest at 22.9' on Friday, 25 March.
Alexandria Gage: Currently 20.8' and projected to crest at 24.4' on Friday, 25 March.
ACME Gage: Currently 33.7' and projected to crest at 35.5' on Saturday, 26 March.
Red River Landing: Currently 53.3' and projected to fall to 47.9' on Saturday, 4 April.
Rain Forecast: Starting tonight, Monday through Tuesday, expect 4"-6" from Shreveport north to Texarkana and 2"-3" north and west of Texarkana. These rains will cause an additional rise in the navigation pools.
Old River Lock Major Maintenance
* At this time Old River Lock plans on closing on 15 August 2022 for 90 days.
* There is no opportunity for intermittent openings during this closure.
Red River Lock 1 Major Maintenance
* Lock 1 will be closed for 60 days during the 90 day Old River Lock closure.
* Access to the Mississippi River, through Old River Lock will be closed for 90 days.
* Industry needs to consider stockpiling product.
* There is an alternate route, around Old River Lock, by the Atchafalaya River.
* Vicksburg District is considering opening Lock 1 during the 60 day closure to pass traffic.
* Industry needs to consider the option of Lock 1 closed for 30 days, open for 1-2 weeks and closed for 30 days - BUT would have to use the Atchafalaya River.
We request your impacts and industry input by 29 April.
Richard Brontoli, Executive Director
Red River Valley Association
P.O. Box 709
Shreveport, LA 71162