CHANNEL MAINTENANCE DREDGING - UPDATE 20 December 2021 USACE Dredge Potter Upper Mississippi River mile 183 - 0
Notice Number: 17746/ 14754-9
Effective Date: 07/09/2021 08:00 thru 01/31/2022 23:59 CST
- The US Army Corps of Engineers Dredge Potter has resumed dredging operations as of 15 December 2021and will continuing until further notice. The Dredge Potter will perform channel maintenance dredging at various locations within the St. Louis District, Upper Mississippi River from mile 183 to 0 with the below schedule.
- The Dredge Potter has completed work at mile 171 - 172 and will be moving up to mile 173 on the afternoon of 20 December 2021. The current schedule is shown below and updates will be provided as work progresses.
- Mile 173, 2 days, 20-22 Dec 2021
- Mile 181, 1 day, 23 Dec 2021
- Mile 182.7, 27 Dec 2021 starting at 1700 (24 hour river closure will be requested)
- Mile 46.5, 7 days, 29 Dec - 4 Jan 2022
- Mile 110.5, 3 days, 5 - 7 Jan 2022
- The Dredge Potter and its attendant plant, to include tender boats, small boats, barges and pipeline, etc., work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When dredging, removed material is pumped through a pontoon pipeline or self-floating pipeline, which may be crossing the channel, and is placed outside of the navigation channel. Mariners should be on the lookout for tender boats, barges, small survey boats, and pipeline when transiting the dredge area.
- The Dredge Potter may be contacted on VHF-FM radio channels 13 and 16. Mariners are urged to transit at their slowest safe speed to minimize wake and proceed with caution after passing arrangements have been made with the Dredge Potter.
Andrew C. Schimpf, P.E.
Rivers Project Manager