Trinity River Authority of Texas is accepting applications for an Office Coordinator I (Roanoke, TX)
This is a position primarily responsible for duties pertaining to personnel/employee relations at a TRA operating project or regional office. This position works under general supervision to carry out responsibilities based on set policies and procedures
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for coordination and documentation of personnel functions, including record keeping, applications, hires, transfers, promotions, and merit increases.
2. Notifies supervisors of impending performance reviews and follows up to ensure timely completion.
3. Responsible for notifying project personnel of benefit eligibility, including Employee Recognition, Tuition Reimbursement, group insurance, Workers' Compensation, etc., and forwards appropriate forms to the General Office.
4. Responsible for special audits, reports and projects as required and may assist with the preparation of the annual budget.
5. Performs secretarial and bookkeeping services, and ensures the accuracy and promptness of these services.
6. May coordinate scheduling of facility, conference rooms, tours, meetings, etc. for outside groups and ensures proper preparation for these events.
7. May perform bookkeeping activities for multiple projects.
8. Performs duties required to ensure that all management personnel have current policies and procedures.
WORK LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
This position does not regularly provide work leadership or full personnel management to any employees.
Processes procurement of project equipment and supplies as approved by project manager. Makes purchases of office materials and supplies as needed for project meetings and events with prior supervisor’s approval.
(required level of education)
High school diploma or GED required and Bachelor degree in Business Administration preferred.
(minimum years and types of related experience required)
Two years of experience in personnel, payroll or benefits administration.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
(any specialized certifications licenses or registrations required by TRA or other authority in order to do the job, including those the incumbent must be able to obtain)
Valid Texas driver’s license.
(Information or facts than employee must know in order to be able to perform the work)
Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, etc.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(developed capability to use or apply knowledge effectively or dexterity/coordination in the performance of physical tasks)
Must be able to read and interpret budget reports, policy and procedures manual and employee benefit information. Must also draft internal and external correspondence within area of responsibility. Must possess the ability to deal with confidential matters and work effectively with employees and the general public. Some math required. Individuals must be able to communicate effectively with others.
Receives periodic supervision and uses guidelines/range of procedures. Follows periodic direct instructions and guidelines, uses policies and procedures that require some interpretation. Problems that cannot be addressed through an existing guideline, policy or procedure are referred to supervisor or more senior position. Incumbent must exercise judgment about whether to escalate issues.
This position requires minimum physical exertion with daily lifting requirements generally under 10 pounds. Significant finger dexterity may be required. Activities may include carrying office materials, pulling and pushing file drawers and organizing paperwork.
Duties are almost always carried out in an office environment.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Office machines including typewriter, computer, printer, calculator, copy machine, shredder, facsimile, postage machine and two-way radio.
The Trinity River Authority’s mission is to promote conservation, reclamation, protection and development of the natural resources of the river basin for the benefit of the public.
At TRA, we are proud of the many services we provide to more than 60 cities in the Trinity River basin that improve the quality of life for millions of residents. We understand that safe, clean water is a necessity; in fact, water is the single-most essential element to life as we know it. We have made it our mission at TRA to make access to clean water a reality for the residents of the Trinity River basin.
For more information and to apply for any of these positions click here.