Marquette Transportation Company is accepting applications for an Offshore Deckhand (Lockport, LA)
- Responsible for routine deck operations aboard an OFFSHORE TOW BOAT. (NOT INLAND PUSH BOATS OR RIVER TUGS)
- General housekeeping duties and vessel maintenance, which may include cooking, sweeping, mopping, painting, and equipment repair
- Catching a lines on deck fittings, casting lines free when getting underway, and assist in the navigation of the boat from the deck.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required.
- A valid Transportation Workers Identification Credential (T.W.I.C.) is required.
- Must be willing to submit to Drug Screen, Physical, & Background Check.
- Must have prior offshore tow boat deckhand experience. (Not an entry level position)
- Ability to communicate clearly with office, vessel crew and dock personnel is required.
- Ability to work offshore in adverse weather conditions is required.
- A valid USCG issued Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC)
- A valid US government issued Passport.
- STCW-95 Basic Training Certification
Job Type: Full-time
- 28 days ON / 14 Days Off Rotation
Marquette Transportation Company is one of the nation’s largest providers of marine transportation services, having combined three leading family-owned businesses under one banner. Unlike most integrated barge lines, we offer a strategic mix of vessels along many waterways
Marquette Transportation Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click here to learn more or apply.
Learn more about Marquette Transportation Company here.