One million dollars for the Freight Enhancement Program (FRE) was included in MoDOT’s FY19 budget (July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019). MoDOT is accepting FRE applications contingent on approval of that funding through 5 pm on May 10.
A few reminders about this program:
• In accordance with the funding source (RSMo 226.225), Freight Enhancement funds must be used for transportation purposes other than highways.
• The funds must be used for capital projects only, operating costs or study costs are not eligible.
• Applicants can be public, private, or not-for-profit entities.
• Projects must be located in the State of Missouri.
• A minimum of 20% match is required for the projects.
• The maximum available for any one project is $500,000.
• The project must be completed and reimbursement requested from MoDOT no later than June 15, 2019.
The application is also available on MoDOT’s consultant RFP site and the MODOT Freight site.
Please feel free to pass this along to any other organization who might be interested in the FRE program.
If you have any questions, please let our team know. MoFreight@modot.mo.gov