Notice Number: 201011
Local Number: L22-12
Date: 7/1/22 07:00- 1/15/23 23:59
- This notice supersedes Notice No. L22-04
- Ongoing dredging, deepening, and construction activities are occurring in the St. Marys Falls North Canal, West of the Soo Locks. This area is closed to all vessel traffic except at the specific direction of the Chief Lockmaster. This area is shown in wide hatching on the attached charlet.
- This closure will remain in effect through January 15, 2023. Additional updates to this NTNI will be published in 2023.
- Frequent construction logistics activities will occur along Southwest Pier, including material barge movements and personnel transportation. Vessel traffic location and movements will be coordinated at the direction of the Chief Lockmaster. This area is shown in gray on the attached charlet.
- Questions regarding this notice may be directed to the Soo Operations Manager Ms. LeighAnn Ryckeghem at 906-635-6035. Our internet address is: http://www.lre.usace.army.mil/missions/operations/
CYNTHIA A. JAREMA
Chief, Operations & Maintenance