Fuchs – Terex North America Full Circle Terminal is accepting applications Operations Cell Leader – 2nd Shift (Fort Wayne, IN)
JOB SUMMARY: The position will plan, organize, develop, direct and control the activities of the Operations area to accomplish the short and long-range goals and objectives. This position will work closely with the Team in all activities to ensure the safety, profitability and success of the product team. This includes but is not limited to leadership and supervision of Team Members in a Continuous Improvement Environment and utilizing Lean Principles with a focus on Safety, Quality, Cash, Cost, Customer, and People.
MAJOR TASKS: Directs production operations for multiple products, customers and broad product mix. Lead a multi-disciplined team to achieve operational excellence in support of company vision, including on-time delivery, delivered quality, productivity improvement/cost reductions, purchased goods quality and delivery and aftermarket lead-time requirements.
- Provide leadership to Assembly, Fabrication, and Welding areas
- Work closely with leadership team to drive operational improvements, order fulfillment, quality control, shipping, delivery and coordinating merchandise processing issues.
- Review metrics including inventories, production, quality, profitability and sales
- Identify and reduce variation in process to improve customer satisfaction and quality ultimately reducing cost and waste
- Strategic planning of the operation
- Direct activities of production personnel engaged in manufacturing including lean manufacturing, 5S Visual controls, improvement activities and Terex Business System.
- Identifies production CAPEX requirements to ensure capability supports organizational strategies
- Develop department goals, tactics and objectives to ensure alignment with company strategy
- Evaluate and expeditiously evaluate complaints and act on them from the appropriate Aftermarket, Sales and/or other key department managers
- Prepare, review and manage operation and distribution budgets that ensure all financial objectives are achieved
- Ensure safety initiatives are followed
- Train, develop, and coach direct reports in hiring, staffing levels, productivity, staff development, disciplinary actions and human resource policy
- Ability to lead people, to pull teams together; to develop people and to lead independently.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in problem solving activities and creating change.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities in a continuously changing environment.
- Managing a flow process that is in accordance with accepted JIT practices and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Demonstrated ability of strong training skills and a strong belief in the importance of continuous training and a strong orientation towards continuous improvement.
- Good verbal and written communication skills: ability to create partnerships with suppliers and internal resources to support customer requirements.
- Able to effectively create a vision based on company goals, initiate projects and facilitate their execution, using available resources and Lean techniques.
- Demonstrates an understanding and support of company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates high respect for people as individuals and as members of a company team.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years Supervisory experience and/or an Associates in Business or Engineering (or equivalent experience) required.
- A minimum of 2-5 years' in a lean heavy equipment manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 2 years of management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing principles.
- Ability to train all levels of employees. .
- Experience with driving cost down measures.
- Experience leading kaizen events and teaching lean philosophy to employees.
- Must have multi functional background (i.e. fabrication, welding, paint, and assembly processes).
- Must be performance driven.
- Demonstrated leadership skills that creates an engaged Team Member environment
- Production experience, with proven operations leadership experience
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodology (lean manufacturing, JIT, TQM, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen techniques, etc.)
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal management, staff as well as outside clients and vendors
- High degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion required
- Exceptional communication and people skills
- Experience with budget management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Able and willing to change the status quo and effectively champion change
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
For more information and to apply click here.