Alta Equipment Co. is accepting applications for an Operations Manager in Rochester, NY. Come work for the largest equipment dealer in the North America! Are you a hardworking individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and looking to take your career to the next level? If so, then come join our award-winning team!
We provide our employees with the following tools and resources to be successful:
- Tuition assistance
- Outstanding benefits package (BCBS PPO, Delta Dental and EyeMed Vision, plus much more!)
- 401(k) with match
- Competitive wages
- Company laptop
- Company Cellphone
- Paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Work schedule: M-F, day shift
Alta Equipment Company is seeking an Operations Manager to run our Rochester, NY branch. The branch manager will oversee all aspects of the parts and service department and daily branch operations. The primary responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all aspects of the Parts and Service department
- Drive Parts and Service to meet forecasted goals while adding growth
- P&L of Parts and Service department
- WIP control and invoicing
- Employee and customer relations
- Monitor building condition
- Inventory control
- Assist the Sales department as needed
- Fluent in the operations of the Parts and Service department to cover for any staff that may be off
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being ready for work at the designated start time
- A minimum of 4-6 years of management experience
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Dealership experience is highly preferred
- Ability to effectively manage others
- Time management skills
- Computer Skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Business Intelligence (BI); Crystal Reports, Fleetmatics, PayTrace, Concur, Extend
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Intermediate: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability - High: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will talk/hear; Frequently will stand, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms; Occasionally will walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. taste/smell
- Vision: No special vision requirements
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Frequently will lift up to 10 pounds; Occasionally will lift up to 100 pounds
- Work Environment: Occasionally will work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, wet or humid conditions (non-weather)
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3 P’s of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the best people and creating a “one team” approach, Alta Equipment Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a difference within our organization, we’re ready for you. Whether it’s selling the world’s-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their maximum potential. Voted a “Top Work Place USA”, our 2100+ employees in the Midwest (MI, IN, IL), East Coast (NY, VT, CT, ME, MA, NH, VA) and the South (FL) are committed to excellence. It’s the Alta way.
So, let’s start the conversation. Click the link to apply and begin the journey of a lifetime.
What We Look For:
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that, a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence. Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for the position with a continual focus on investing in one’s profession through additional training and learning.
Other Opportunities at Alta
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Alta Equipment Co. here.