Operations Superintendent: Kinder Morgan in St. Louis, Missouri
The Superintendent is a key member of terminal management team and responsible for operational efficiency, productivity and safety of all assigned daily main yard operations at the Chicago Liquid Storage Terminal. This includes basic account management of all customers, liaison with supported customers, preparing for and managing audits, incident response and investigation and ensuring equipment and infrastructure are operational and performing within regulatory and industry standards. The Superintendent is also responsible for the overall performance of the terminal Customer Service Department. This includes coordination of customer & terminal priorities of work, the production & flow of orders, managing customer inventory levels, and representing the terminal to the customers. Responsible for maintaining a safe and efficient work place and a customer focused culture at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage inventory and operational efficiency of more than 90 main yard liquid storage tanks.
- Ensure the Operations Supervisors and Terminal Operators have the proper training and tools to meet the requirements of their positions and comply with company policies/procedures to reduce the potential for injury and product releases and ensure efficient workforce utilization. Take action to prevent incidents by recommending improvements to equipment, systems and procedures.
- Openly and actively support the Company’s Management Team initiatives and decisions with peers and subordinates.
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements to ensure safe, efficient, and compliant facility operation. Perform tasks as directed by management and established procedures.
- Communicate sufficiently and professionally with all terminal employees to ensure appropriate individuals have the necessary information to meet the goals of the facility.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to eliminate reoccurring daily operational issues including asset based and performance based issues.
- Participate in the hiring process for all hourly union and subordinate personnel.
- Manage internal and external audits for each supported customer.
- Schedule, track and supervise required training for all terminal personnel. Participate in the administering of the training programs and field spot evaluations of employees. Attend, schedule and lead meetings.
- Manage assigned operational budget areas in accordance with predetermined goals.
- Establish and maintain solid relationships with customers, carriers and KM Departments/employees by addressing their questions and concerns with speed and professionalism.
- Manage union workforce efficiently on specific daily tasks.
- Lead initiatives for improvement and efficiency with regards to area of responsibility. Make recommendations and serve as project lead for areas outside of immediate responsibility as required. Follow through on issues identified to ensure appropriate resolution.
- Communicate information clearly and concisely through wireless radios, telephone, email, handwritten messages, and in person.
- Serve as the Incident Commander for all incidents and accidents within the plant until properly relieved.
- Provide 100% customer satisfaction. Follow through on customer related issues to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Perform all other related job duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or operations management preferred
- 5 – 7 years of leadership / management experience in a dynamic environment.
- A working knowledge of flammable liquids is preferred.
- Experience managing a work force in a dynamic environment is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any other security clearance as required.
- Must be willing to obtain Incident Command Training (ICS) to qualify for incident commander.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Must successfully obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) as required by the Transportation Security Administration at the start of employment.
Learn more and Apply here: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_kindermorgan/external/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=58446&localeCode=en-us&source=Indeed.com&sourceType=PREMIUM_POST_SITE