The primary requirement of this position is Supervisor coverage. Needs to understand that this is a position that involves working anytime 24/7, 365 days a year. Needs to be very flexible and willing to cover for Supervisor vacations/PTO/call-offs/etc. Note: Normally, you will be giving a minimum of 3-weeks’ notice for coverage needs (except for emergency coverage, of course).
The secondary requirement of this position will be to manage our Maintenance Maximo System Database. To expand and manage the maintenance program for BP Whiting. Utilize the current maintenance program Maximo. Manage systems that will assign and track preventative maintenance work orders, track fuel and maintenance costs, track machine and equipment hours, create and track non-routine maintenance tasks through work orders; on all BP Whiting equipment. Assist BP Whiting management with supervising the union employees on non-maintenance issues.
Other Position Requirements:
- Flexible work hours which may include shift work, overtime, weekends, and holidays. Rotation with the other supervisors may be required.
Vacation/PTO coverage for OPS Supervisors will be required.
- Supervises Operations/Maintenance, contractors, technical and administrative activities in a manner consistent with safe company operations, maintenance, financial and organizational requirements.
Basic computer skills required (E-mail, Word, Excel, Power Point, Etc.).
- Supervises the development of terminal personnel
- Assures the utilization of specific controls, procedures and safety criteria for each of the terminal functions
- Assess and recommend new procedures to reduce costs, improve productivity, and conform to KM Safety Quality and Environmental (SQE) policy
- Understands the operations and has the ability to supervise union employees
- Requires availability to support OPS Superintendent and assist in managing employees when required.
Smoke School Training is required every 6-months
- Requires the ability to supervise and support numerous operations simultaneously, maintenance tasks simultaneously, and contractors simultaneously.
- Support new business as it arrives
- Conduct contractor safety meetings, assigns and creates Job Hazard Analysis’s (JHA’s) as required.
- Manage the Maximo maintenance software
- Conform to all KM SQE standards, policies, and procedures.
- Actively participate in KM training, SQE meetings, and create Site Specific Procedures (SSP’s) and JHA’s.
Mid-Level – Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and 5-7 Manufacturing experience.
- 5 years of progressively more responsible industry experience in appropriate maintenance and operations areas
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience relative to Bulk operations including experience with rail loading and unloading, truck loading and unloading, and barge loading and unloading.
- Basic understanding of bulk transfer equipment such as grain legs, conveyors, mobile equipment such as forklifts and loaders, skid steers and dozers. Understanding of the bulk (pet coke, cement, coal, grain, salt, etc.) Unloading equipment.
- Strong supervision and planning skills in a union environment and with demonstrated ability and practical judgment to handle diverse and/or complex operations problems
- Ability to take initiative, exhibit self-direction, and work with co-workers as a team to accomplish defined goals in a challenging environment
- Good communications, motivational, and coordination skills
- Conduct safety meetings in compliance with company policy in a professional manner
- Investigate and report incidents
- Ability to work in an environment that includes dusts (pet coke, cement, coal, grain, salt, etc.)
- Must be able to wear standard provided PPE (Hard Hat, safety eyewear, KM uniform, gloves, Rain Gear, Steel Toe Boots)
- Physical requirements include, but may not be limited to, walking up and down stairs/ladders, negotiating uneven surfaces, and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent communication skills, both person to person and electronic communication
- Excellent math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions)
- Maintain regular dependable attendance and high level of performance
- Open to a flexible work schedule. Weekend, overtime and holidays as required. Typical 9-12 hour shifts required.
- Successful completion of a background check and drug screen upon offer
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers
- Other related duties as assigned
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge (above the minimum requirements; not required, but advantageous in this position)
- Previous experience in the bulk loading and offloading industry
- Previous experience in hydraulics, welding, electrical, and PLC equipment
- Previous experience managing/supervising union employees
- Experience in supervising multiple operations simultaneously
- Experience with Environmental, Health, and Safety programs
- Managing of maintenance software
- Knowledge of this type of industry maintenance, including but not limited to wheel loaders, skid steer loaders, forklifts, dozers, backhoe, cranes, remote control cranes, and PLC operation systems.