Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Provide direct supervision to assigned employees and perform as site supervisor on nights and weekends.
• Coordinate daily tasks with terminal manager and inbound/outbound traffic.
• Assist terminal manager in establishing and meeting goals and objectives for the terminal.
• Review and enforce policies and procedures; institute and evaluate employee training.
• Assist in monitoring employee performance, attendance, punctuality, and general compliance with requirements.
• Review all reports to monitor proper equipment maintenance and work efficiency.
• Assist in investigating accidents and “near-misses.
• Assist in coordinating the switching of all rail cars.
• Ensure that employees maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Coordinate barge, rail car and trucking schedules with customers.
• Review and distribute barge nominations and schedule specific inventories for loading and unloading.
• Review, edit, update, and finalize all daily paperwork upon completion.
• Organize and execute site procurement.
•Organizes and maintains technical data relating to facility operations and maintenance.
• Perform other duties as required and requested.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent.
Experience / specific knowledge:
• 3-5 years of supervisory/management experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of bulk material storage and transportation, including rail and water movements of bulk material products.
• Knowledge of heavy equipment and conveyor system operations.
• Knowledge of rail unloading. Certifications, licenses, registrations: None Competencies, skills, and abilities:
• Possess basic mechanical skills.
• Self-motivated with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
• Possess ability to pass and complete safety training/certification as required by customers to work in their facilities, and as required by Kinder Morgan.
• Ability to accept supervision/direction and work effectively and cooperatively with other people.
• Ability to focus attention and follow work rules.
• Successful completion of background check and post-offer and random drug screens.
• While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces, and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Employee should be able to work at heights up to 25 feet. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed and required.
• Respond to call out as needed.
• Perform work in dusty environment and all types of temperature & weather conditions.
• Some daily and overnight may be required &supervisory responsibility:
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Management or another related field.
To Apply for this position with Kinder Morgan: Click Here