LOCATION: Dewey, IL, US, 61840
Company: GROWMARK, Inc.
Illini FS is currently looking for a full-time Operator. Illini FS has about 200 employees and approximately 6,000 customers. The cooperative does business in agronomy, energy, tires, and retail. Illini FS is part of the GROWMARK System, an agricultural cooperative serving more than 100,000 customers across North America and Ontario, Canada.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Under the direction of the Location Manager, delivers products, communicates sales leads, custom applies fertilizers, crop protection products or aglime, inspects fields, takes soil samples, and maintains or repairs equipment as needed. May work under the direction or supervision of licensed or certified pesticide or fertilizer applicator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Delivers products to customers according to company standards and to increase potential sales.
- Communicates sales leads to their supervisor.
- Blends products according to recommended rates and procedures.
- Under appropriate supervision, applies crop production inputs to fields and growing crops according to recommended rates, procedures, and following all pesticide labels.
- Records application data according to regulations and standards.
- Responsible for the inventory control and turns in application records on a daily basis.
- Assures all product is accounted for with either an invoice or delivery ticket.
- Walks through fields, following standard sampling patterns, and examines plants at periodic intervals to detect presence of weeds, insects or disease.
- Counts the number of weeds, the insects on examined plants, or the number of diseased plants within the sample area
- Records and reports results of counts.
- Collects samples of the unidentifiable weeds, insects or diseased plants for identification by the Crop Specialist.Collects soil samples using proper procedures.
- Records soil sample information for proper identification and analysis.Sets up material handling, blending, storage, transport and application equipment for blending and delivery of products.
- Repairs and rebuilds equipment as needed.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for maintaining company equipment according to company standards.
- May serve on the location Safety Committee and adheres to the company environmental health and safety policies and training.
- Performs buildings and grounds maintenance as assigned.
- Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Normally requires a high school diploma or the equivalent thereof, and 2 years or more of related work experience to demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to safely operate sprayers, floaters, single or tandem axle trucks and other equipment and to meet company and DOT standards.
- Demonstrated core competencies including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
- Must have or obtain a CDL and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Must hold and maintain, or have the ability to obtain, all required pesticide or fertilizer licenses or certifications in states where crop production inputs are applied. If applicable, responsible for renewing licenses or certifications as required and reporting status of licenses or certifications to the Location Manager.
- Ability to work extended hours and on-call as business conditions warrant.
Occasionally exposed or required to:
- Extreme weather conditions (hot, cold, wet, etc.)
- Noisy conditions
- Working conditions may include dust, fumes, chemicals, and electrical hazards, requiring utilization of appropriate safety measures
- May be required to work at varying heights
- Lift 51 - 70 lbs.
Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.
Please click here to apply