Watco is accepting applications for a Operator Operator (Osceola, AR; Phoenix, AZ; Cahokia, IL; Ghent and Hawesville, KY; Ann Arbor, MI; Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens, NY; Fryburg, ND)
The primary purpose of this position is to work directly in the Material Handling Group in the full range of duties and responsibilities involved in the moving of pipe, rail, and dry bulk commodities; to provide backup coverage to other material handling operations when required; and to develop and exhibit the necessary safety culture, leadership, decision making and operational skills required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently operate with SAFETY and ENVIRONMENT being the highest priorities.
- Ownership and high dedication to quality while carrying out individual material handling operations.
- Fill in for other team members due to business levels when necessary.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Maintain and develop safety culture among all team members.
- Maintain high level of discipline and be able to work independently.
- Complete all applicable documentation and recordkeeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of Operations experience handling pipe and/or dry bulk materials.
- Must be certified to operate heavy equipment such as forklifts, front-end loaders, Pettibones, excavators, or other types of material handling equipment.
- Strong organizational skills for a multifaceted work environment.
- Detail oriented and customer focused.
- Ability to troubleshoot operational problems.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the Company and its insurers.
- Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC card.
- Experience, skills and knowledge above the minimum preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to see well enough to do paperwork and operate heavy equipment.
- Must be able to talk and hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, supervisors and others within the company 100% of the time.
- Must be able to reach with arms and hands to perform inspection, maintenance and repair duties when needed.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, kneel, squat 100%.
- Must be able to use hands to grasp, handle, and feel 100%.
- Must be able to climb and balance well enough to mount equipment by climbing up and down steps as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
While performing the duties of this job the operator is regularly exposed to a high noise level; moving mechanical parts, moving machinery, outside weather conditions and elements; fumes from gasoline, oil and grease. The team member may occasionally be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
Watco offers industry leading benefits, competitive pay, vacation, and 401k. They also have a top-of-the-line training program, Watco University, to educate team members and help them to grow employees’ careers to the next level.
Watco Companies, LLC, is a leading transportation and supply chain logistics company. Meeting customer needs on a day-to-day basis has enabled Watco to continually grow throughout their nearly 40-year history. Today, Watco provides transportation; material handling and warehouse; design and development; repair and custom projects for customers throughout North America and Australia.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.