Trinity River Authority is one of the largest river authorities in Texas, where we enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment that takes pride in providing safe, clean water to more than 60 cities along the Trinity River Basin. TRA’s services have greatly improved public health and daily life in the communities we serve since our inception in 1955.
TRA offers a competitive starting salary range, along with a comprehensive benefits package including insurance programs, savings programs, paid time off and holidays. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. TRA is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is responsible for performing the duties in the operation of water or wastewater treatment plant or a raw water pumping plant. Duties involve routine inspection of plant processes and equipment. Works under close supervision while consulting with direct supervisor when changes are necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors plant operations by observation, instrumentation and laboratory test results and makes adjustments to predetermined parameters.
- Monitors plant process using field instrumentation and process knowledge. Performs laboratory tests.
- Monitors condition of mechanical equipment and notifies appropriate personnel of needed repairs or any operational problems. Performs minor preventative maintenance to facilities in a safe and effective manner and may include grounds maintenance where needed.
- Takes samples at various operating points in the plant process. Responsible for general housekeeping.
- Responsible for maintaining thorough and complete process records and logs. May assist with data input into computer system.
- Observes all safety guidelines as initiated by the Authority, in addition to being aware and responsive to plant security issues. May be responsible for plant security during night shift. Takes action to protect certain structures and equipment under emergency flood conditions. Assists in the safe handling and unloading of chemicals in the plant. May be responsible for responding to various emergency situations as directed by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be responsible for responding to various emergency situations, including after-hours, as directed by supervisor.
WORK LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
This position does not regularly provide work leadership or full personnel management to any employees.
High school diploma or GED.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (or predecessor agency) Class D Water or Wastewater Operator's Certificate of Competency is required within one year. Class C Certificate is required after three years. Valid Texas driver’s license.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be able to interpret simple test results and equipment malfunction. The ability to communicate and document daily activities to ensure proper plant operation is essential.
Receives ongoing detailed supervision and standard procedures. Follows standard procedures and/or detailed instructions for each task or assignment; any situation that calls for something different is referred to a supervisor or more senior position.
This position requires moderate to heavy physical labor with daily lifting requirements up to 25 pounds and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Subject to standing, sitting, walking, climbing, bending, crawling, squatting, kneeling, and working in cramped and strained positions for extended periods.
Working conditions include exposure to weather, odor, noise, chemical hazards, gases and dust, standing for prolonged periods of time, walking up and down several flights of stairs, climbing and descending ladders, working at heights, and working in tight or confined spaces.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Hand tools, broom, sample collectors, flow meters, high pressure hoses, D.O. meters, respirators, SCBA's, centrifuge, settle meter, lab equipment, safety equipment, heavy equipment and PPE.
High School or better.
TRA is an equal opportunity employer. To apply to this position, please click here