Hourly pay: $20.00 - $27.00 based on experience
- Responsible for the safe operation of all equipment
- Must know how to respond in case of emergency
- Applicant will be trained on General Procedures, Heavy Equipment functions along with employee demonstration check list, all other required testing.
- Applicant will be required to handle material and work rotational shifts overtime as required as need to maintain Customer first principles
- Regularly communicate via 2-way radio with Supervisors, Supervisors, Team Members and customer
- Must communicate regularly with the Supervisor and the Customer
- Applicant will be required to handle material and work various hours as need to accomplish the required tasks.
- Demonstrate predictable, reliable, and timely attendance.
- Follow written and verbal instructions to complete assigned tasks on schedule.
- Read, write, and communicate in English & understand basic math.
- Learn from directions, observations, and mistakes and apply procedures using good judgment.
- Working knowledge of Watco Safety and Operating principles
- Work independently or as part of a team and interact appropriately with others.
- Receives oral or written instructions from Supervisors indicating which piles are to be loaded in/out of, need to be maintained,
- Written Dual verification procedures must be followed on all material movements.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Team Members.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to pass training and required testing.
- Must be available to work a rotating shift as well as be prepared to work in all types of weather
- Other duties as assigned.
Machines, Tools, Special Equipment, Personal Protective Equipment Used
- PPE: hard hat, safety glasses, splash goggles, face shield, Reflective clothing, gloves, steel toed metatarsal boots
- Other PPE as required
- Front end loaders, Excavator / Material handlers, Skid steers, Dozers, Water Truck
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.