Alta Equipment Company is accepting applications for Parts Counter Associate (Bloomington, IL). Come work for one of the largest equipment dealerships in North America! Are you a hardworking individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and looking to take your career to the next level? If so, then come join our award winning team!
We provide our employees with the following tools and resources to be successful:
- Outstanding benefits package (Medical, Dental and Vision, plus muchmore!)
- 401(k) with match
- Competitive wages
- Company laptop
- Company cell phone
- 10 paid holidays
Alta Equipment Company is seeking a full-time Parts Counter Associate for our Construction Equipment Group at our Bloomington, IL location. The primary responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Process parts purchases and sales
- Actively sell parts and ask for the sale
- Ensure profit levels meet department goals
- Ensure customer satisfaction, including internal customers
- Check in, unpack and put away delivered parts
- Pick, package and prepare parts for delivery
- Maintain department order and cleanliness
- Assist in physical inventory counts
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being ready for work at the designated start time
- A minimum of one year of previous heavy equipment, auto or truck parts counter experience desired
- High school diploma/GED
- ASE certifications are preferred
- Basic mechanical understanding and the ability to identify by sight and by name the parts of an industry related piece of equipment
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism is required
- Knowledge and understanding between mark-up and gross margin
- Proper phone etiquette
- Equipment operation: Forklifts and hydraulic hose making is preferred
- Computer programs - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Epicor/Silk systems, Vendor web portals
- Language Skills - Basic: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Basic: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use hands, talk/hear; Frequently will sit; Occasionally will stand, walk, reach with hands and arms,, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision: To see both close and at a distance, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and see color
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Frequently will lift up to 25 pounds; Occasionally will lift 26 to 100+ pounds
- Work Environment: Occasionally will work near moving mechanical parts
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3 P’s of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the best people and creating a “one team” approach, Alta Equipment Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a difference within our organization, we’re ready for you. Whether it’s selling the world’s-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their maximum potential. Voted a “Top Work Place USA”, our employees across North America are committed to excellence. It’s the Alta way.
So, let’s start the conversation. Click the link to apply and begin the journey of a lifetime.
What We Look For:
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that, a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence. Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for the position with a continual focus on investing in one’s profession through additional training and learning
To learn more and apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Alta Equipment Company here.