Parts Manager (Lafayette, LA)
Louisiana CAT is accepting applications for a Parts Manager in Lafayette, LA. We are searching for a Parts Manager to join our growing operations at our Lafayette, LA location.
The person in this role will manage parts operations within the dealership to provide the highest level of external and internal customer satisfaction while maximizing return on investment through parts sales, inventory control, and expense control.
- Establish professional repertoire with all customers
- Work directly with customers, as needed, to resolve any ordering/invoicing issues
- Responsible for safe keeping of physical inventory at the branch
- Manage parts inventory through monthly audits
- Occasional visit to customer sites for sales calls
- Manage a team of 8-10 Parts employees
- Coordinate with other departments/managers
- Responsible for parts department budget
- You will serve as a parts consultant for customers and technicians.
- You will have the sales tools and building blocks to MAKE A CAREER here at Louisiana CAT
MOST IMPORTANT QUALIFICATIONS
- Required: High School Diploma
- Required: Strong sales consultative communication as role is a "customer-facing" position
- Required: Strong knowledge and skills of Microsoft Office software including Outlook
- Required: Valid Driver's License with clean driving record
- Highly Preferred: Bachelors Degree
- Highly Preferred: Previous experience with selling parts
- Schedule is Monday - Friday 7am-5pm and Saturday 7:30am-12pm
- The majority of the day will be spent communicating with customers on the phone.
SAFETY IN ALL WE DO
- We require strict compliance with PPE (personal protective equipment) safety regulations
- We maintain compliance with all Federal, State and Local safety and company regulations
- All employees must follow all Company Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) procedures
- Louisiana Cat is a drug-free workplace
WHY PEOPLE JOIN LOUISIANA CAT
- We are known for service quality and unsurpassed customer relationships guided by our strong company values, culture and safety standards
- We have energy, focus and passion delivering results because what we do impacts our customers each and every day
- We work across Construction, Electrical Power, Forestry, Governmental, Heavy Equipment, Industrial, Landscaping, Marine Engines and Oil & Gas industries
- We invest in training and development programs for our employees to build their toolkit and career paths here at Louisiana CAT
- We offer competitive pay and benefits, paid holidays and vacation, employee incentive programs and 401(k) company match programs to meet family and work lifestyles
LOUISIANA CAT BENEFITS
- Health, Dental, Vision, $50,000 Company Funded Life Policy (if enrolled in Health)
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Cancer, Supplemental Life and additional voluntary policies
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- Technician Tool Loan Program up to $1,000
- Safety Boot / Safety Prescription Glasses Allowances
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Assistance
- Employee Discounts
- Credit Union
- Technician Career Development Program - Shop & Field Service Training
WHO WE ARE
Louisiana CAT is the only authorized Caterpillar Dealer for the state of Louisiana. We provide Caterpillar Equipment, Service, Parts and Engines to customers across a wide range of industries. We are guided by our strong company culture, safety standards and activities in the communities in which we operate. We seek out employees who are inspired by our timeless values, thrive in growing company environment and want to become a part of a dynamic company backed by 85+ years of success. We have 23 locations across Louisiana and the Gulf South with Corporate HQ located in Reserve, LA and Power Systems HQ located in New Iberia, LA.
- Louisiana Cat (Louisiana Machinery Co, LLC) and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We proudly hire U.S. Veterans.
- Louisiana Cat (Louisiana Machinery Co., LLC) uses E-Verify and complies with I-9 employment eligibility requirements of all new hires: click here for more information
- Equal Employment Opportunity Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal: click here for more information
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: click here for more information
- Louisiana Cat (Louisiana Machinery Co, LLC) and its affiliates are drug-free workplaces and post-offer, pre-employment process includes background check, drug/alcohol screen, and if applicable for the role, pre-employment physical/fit for duty assessments.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Louisiana CAT here.