Liebherr is accepting applications for a Parts Manager (Manassas, VA)
The responsibility of the Parts Manager is to order, ship, stage and receive product for customers and the service team and be responsible for inventory control.
- To assist retail customers and service technicians in identifying the correct parts for their respective machines
- Enter parts orders
- Prepare quotations and sales orders
- Receive inventory from suppliers and stock product
- Ship product as required
- Pull orders for customers and Service Techs as required
- Responsibility for all parts inventory and control of this inventory at the retail location
- Provide any required training for the Parts clerk position, as well as provide knowledge and training to any service or sales staff to support this position and maintain excellent customer service.
- Manages activities of the Parts Clerk.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Parts team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum 3-5 years experience in parts environment. Previous supervisory and training experience.
- Travel domestically.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license.
- The employee must occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written, good phone skills.
- Computer literacy with familiarity of Microsoft office.
- Good technical knowledge of construction equipment.
- Good math skills.
- Good sales skills.
- Knowledge of software and systems related to parts and warehouse operations activities; timekeeping systems; project management software; spreadsheet software; and word processing software.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
In line with its international growth, Liebherr’s venture into the United States began in 1970. Within a couple of years, the company expanded and completed its production facilities in Newport News, VA for its product line of hydraulic excavators. It was later converted into Liebherr’s manufacturing facility for mining trucks and remains home to Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News, Co. In addition to its production facility, Liebherr markets a wide variety of products and technologies through its companies located across the United States. The companies are Liebherr-Aerospace Saline, Inc., Liebherr Gear Technology, Inc., Liebherr Automation Systems, Co., and Liebherr USA, Co., the umbrella company for eight divisions that are positioned across the United States.
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Liebherr here.