Taylor Machine Works, Inc. is accepting applications for a Parts/Service Coordinator (Miami, FL; Pasadena, TX; Roanoke, VA)
Parts Coordinator Accountabilities
- Maintains adequate parts inventory for machines in area of responsibility. Reorders as necessary.
- Maintains a research cross-reference file in order to correctly identify parts. Obtains prices on special parts and assemblies from the Research Analyst at headquarters office.
- Furnishes customers with recommended parts inventory. Trains customers in the use of parts catalogs and PSO cards.
- Keeps record of all parts assigned to field service mechanics and ensures all unused parts for a specific job are returned to inventory.
- Expedites daily parts shipments. Expedites delivery on emergency or back order items to accommodate customer.
- Handles warranty claims and follows through to completion.
- Assists supervisor in proper storage and disposal of EPA controlled waste.
- Responsible for conducting monthly 5S / safety audit and ensuring that corrective actions are completed.
- Supervises service center in absence of Service Center Manager.
Service Coordinator Accountabilities:
- Works with customers and Field Service Mechanics to identify required maintenance.
- Advises customers on necessary/suggested services.
- Computes cost of replacement parts and labor to restore lift truck to condition specified by customer.
- Estimates cost of mechanical, electrical, or other repairs. Enters itemized estimate on service order and explains estimate to customer.
- Processes parts and/or service sales orders in computer for invoicing.
- Ensures that all paperwork relevant to each lift truck folder is scanned and kept current.
- Keeps up with service personnel’s time and summits to Louisville contact per company policy.
- Performs the duties of safety coordinator as assigned by the Louisville Safety Director.
- Maintains files and records of all SSI owned vehicles to include, drivers, insurance, truck expenses, recall notices, tags, location and maintenance on vehicles. Issues Purchase orders for repair and maintenance done to vehicles
- Audits all expenses/purchases for all service personnel at Service Center. Creates reports on service mechanic sales, call-in sales, and expenses.
- Any out of line situations regarding expenses, purchases, etc. are called to the attention of the Service Center Manager for corrective action.
- Seeks out promotional materials, requesting bids from suppliers for best pricing and quality product. Keep ample stock on hand for sale to employees/customers, for service, guests, warehouses, and service centers.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Experience in Parts / Service industry with particular emphasis on coordinating service responsibilities with service technicians and parts personnel.
- Must have very dependable computer skills and be able to work with web base program.
- Must be in physical condition as job requires lifting, stooping, and bending.
- Must have mechanical aptitude or experience in the forklift or other related fields.
- Previous experience in a customer service-oriented role preferred.
- Professional demeanor and self confidence in dealing with customers and outside contacts.
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving records to be insurable by corporate insurance carrier.
- Operate equipment such as forklift.
Our Mission is to provide our customers with the highest quality products in the world and to back them up with the most responsive aftermarket service organization available while maintaining a sound financial structure for our shareholders, vendors, community, and customers. From Service Center Managers, Engineers to General Technicians and Assemblers, we have career opportunities that reward for results. In addition, we believe in providing our employees with a challenging and rewarding environment in which to grow and prosper.
Taylor Machine Works, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information and to apply for any of these positions click here.