Alta Equipment Company is accepting applications for a Parts Warehouse Specialist (Ottawa, IL; Batavia, NY; Bedford, OH)
Come work for one of the largest equipment dealerships in North America! Are you a hardworking individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and looking to take your career to the next level? If so, then come join our award winning team!
We provide our employees with the following tools and resources to be successful:
- Outstanding benefits package (Medical, Dental and Vision, plus much more!)
- 401(k) with match
- Competitive wages
- Company laptop
- Company cell phone
- 10 paid holidays
- Work schedule: M-F, day shift
Our Construction Equipment Group is currently seeking full-time parts warehouse specialists. The primary responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Selling of parts
- Pull, package and deliver parts
- Assists customers and/or technicians with locating and providing the correct part(s)
- Ensure all paperwork related to deliveries are complete and correct
- Pick up items from vendors or transfer items between Alta facilities
- Check in, unpack and put away parts
- Pick, package and process parts for deliveries via shipping vendors
- Check order accuracy before each delivery
- Maintain department order and cleanliness
- Assist in physical inventory counts
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being ready for work at the designated start time
- A minimum of one year of previous auto or truck parts counter experience is preferred
- Previous warehouse experience
- High school diploma/GED
- High level of accuracy
- Ability to interface with customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Computer programs - Epicor/Silk systems, shipping software such as UPS Worldwide and FedEx
- Language Skills - Basic: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Basic: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use hands; Frequently will stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, talk/hear; Occasionally will climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision: To see both close and at a distance, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and see color
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 10 pounds; Frequently will lift from 11 to 25 pounds; Occasionally will lift 26 to 100+ pounds
- Work Environment: Occasionally will work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3 P’s of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the best people and creating a “one team” approach, Alta Equipment Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a difference within our organization, we’re ready for you. Whether it’s selling the world’s-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their maximum potential. Voted a “Top Work Place USA”, our 2100+ employees across the country are committed to excellence. It’s the Alta way.
So, let’s start the conversation. Click the link to apply and begin the journey of a lifetime.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.