Payroll Coordinator (La Crosse, WI)
J.F. Brennan Company is accepting applications for a Payroll Coordinator in La Crosse, WI.
Are you looking for an accounting/finance position to accelerate your skills? We are adding to our finance team.
We are searching for a Payroll Coordinator who is responsible for helping assist other members of our Accounting Department with all aspects of weekly payroll processing.
- Processes payroll for J.F. Brennan Company and Brennan Marine on a weekly basis
- Reconciles payroll general ledger accounts
- Schedules union fringe benefit payments monthly
- Responsible for scheduling outside payments (Federal/State tax withholding and child support)
- Oversees employment verification, unemployment audits, wage garnishments/levies and Trust Fund/Local Union Hall inquires
- Back-up for scheduling 401k contributions and files electronic documents
- Completes requests for information from unions
- Assists with year-end reporting and W2 preparation
- Other duties as assigned
- Two to five years’ experience working in a professional administrative setting
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, on computers and other electronic devices
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work.
Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the fifth year in a row.
Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to work. We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
Our focus on safety and quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about J.F. Brennan here.