Payroll Coordinator (Northport, AL)
Parker Towing is accepting applications for a Payroll Coordinator in Northport, AL. Parker Towing Company is looking for a Payroll Coordinator to join our Finance team!
We are looking for a highly motivated Payroll Coordinator to assist in all activities regarding the management of weekly payroll in the company. You will undertake a variety of tasks such as entering payroll information, calculating wages, and payroll processing.
An excellent Payroll Coordinator has great understanding of the concept of confidentiality. You will be experienced in entering data with attention to detail and will have good math skills to make the necessary calculations. The ideal candidate will be a thorough professional with good communication abilities.
The goal is to carry out all payroll procedures with speed and accuracy.
- Calculate and process four weekly payrolls
- Collecting and verifying timesheets
- Entering employee information and payroll data into the system
- Answering employees’ questions and concerns regarding payroll
- Calculating payable hours, taxes, and deductions
- Processing new employees, promotions, and terminations
- Issuing statements detailing earnings and deductions
- Issuing and delivering paychecks to employees
- Investigating and resolving payroll discrepancies
- Maintaining and updating payroll records
- Preparing periodic payroll reports
- Calculate and process all quarterly payroll tax returns
- Collect and remit payroll garnishments
- Collect and remit 401K contributions
- Collect and remit 401K loan payments
- Coordinate with HR on payroll deductions for voluntary benefits
- Prepare W2’s at year end
- Other duties as assigned by CFO
- High school diploma/GED required
- Degree in accounting or related field preferred
- Previous experience in a payroll department
- Knowledge of payroll software is beneficial
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong numerical aptitude and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of relevant legal regulations
- Team player
Parker Towing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Parker Towing here.