The basic function of the Pelletizer Operator is to operate the extruder line, in compliance with established company production processes and policies, to achieve output needed to meet scheduled production job requirement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must maintain quality to BT’s Quality standards and enters all Quality data into a log.
- Adjusts and monitors machine to ensure Quality product.
- String plastic through water tank into the chopper
- Monitor head pressure and temperature of material
- Change screen pack as required
- Performs periodic quality checks (i.e. color and moisture)
- Performs color changes and extruder clean outs.
- Accurately document process settings and process changes.
- Maintains production efficiency rates.
- Weighs out boxes of finished product and tags them correctly
- Reduce downtime and scrap rate.
- Has the ability to troubleshoot the machine and adapt to different situations.
- Ability to determine settings for machine.
- Takes the initiative to follow up on completion of all tasks.
- Spends time on housekeeping/cleaning and organization of the area.
- Communicates successes/failures with other shifts and Supervisor
- Shares at least one improvement idea per month by filling out an idea slip and putting it on the idea board.
- To work safely following legislated and Bedford Technology safety rules and practices.
- Follows the Policies and Procedures the company has in place.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
- Perform any other task or work assignment that may be delegated from time to time by your Shift Supervisor or Manager.
Education Required: High School
Experience Three (3) or more years of manufacturing experience.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
- A Positive attitude and willing to learn and teach others.
- Self motivated and able to effectively communicate with team personal.
- Math skills to count boards and understand calculations for blends.
- Ability to multitask while monitoring other equipment and processes.
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure and operate a caliper.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English to perform essential job duties.
- Understands basic computer skills to document QC readings.
- Standing, stooping, stair climbing and bending to inspect products and equipment within the production facility and to inspect quality details.
- Ability to lift 70Lbs.
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time.
- Able to perform the necessary mathematical computations to setup jobs for production.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management.
Primarily in a production plant environment. Exposure to hot, dirty, noisy and congested conditions.
- Regular attendance and timeliness
- 12am – 8am / 8am – 4pm / 4pm – 12am with ability to shift to alternate schedules for production purposes
- 20min paid break (10min for every 4hrs worked)
- Overtime as required by work load.
- Depending on qualifications
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Targeted Production and Productivity goals are met or exceeded.
- Agreed delivery dates are met.
- Quality of work done as measured by quality control checks (Measurements and Color), defect rates, level of rework, returns and customer complaints.
- Demonstrated capacity and ability to solve problems.
- The ability to abide and follow company policies and procedures to include attendance and timeliness.
- The ability to be flexible and alternate shifts for production needs.
The effectiveness of Good Housekeeping Practices as measured by the state of organization, cleanliness, and discipline in operational area.