Canal Barge is accepting applications for a Pilot (Inland Waterways).
Canal Barge Company Pilots work on our fleet of Inland Towing Vessels. Extensive orientation and training is provided; all Pilots must possess a current U.S. Coast Guard license for Master or Pilot of Towing Vessels that is applicable for the vessel, route and service.
Qualified candidates must be safety conscious and able to work in a physically demanding environment. Pilots are required to work onboard for a multi-week hitch, with travel reimbursement provided. All applicants must have favorable work references and a valid driver's license and must pass a pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
Primary Job Duties
- Navigate the vessel and tow safely and efficiently while on watch
- Supervise crew members and ensure that they are properly trained to perform their job duties safely
- Ensure that all barges are in navigable condition
- Complete required logs and reports
- Apply all safety rules and regulations
Physical requirements include climbing ladders and stairs, and repetitive bending, stooping and twisting.
Canal Barge constantly seeks to make marine transportation as efficient as possible while ensuring the safety of your cargo and the environment with state-of-the-art equipment and the most highly skilled employees the industry has to offer.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.