J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is accepting applications for Pilot (La Crosse, WI)
Brennan Marine Inc. (Brennan) is part of a 100-year-old, family-owned company headquartered out of La Crosse, WI. We provide inland harbor services for utility companies, dry bulk terminals, and specialty large bulk shippers along the Upper Mississippi River. We are a dependable barge transportation resource for the safe and efficient transport of grain, salt, coal, cement, fertilizer, pig iron, asphalt, oversized mechanical components, and more. We offer our employees growth through challenging opportunities, empowerment, and meaningful work.
We are known as an industry leader in providing well-coordinated, logistically efficient services to both our terminal clients and line haul carriers. We’re unwavering, fast learners, and experts in our fields.
Are you an accomplished Pilot, who can apply your skills, knowledge, and passion as a leader on our Brennan Marine team in La Crosse WI?
- We offer a generous, industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) programs with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
Do you have what it takes to safely move cargo and lead a vessel crew?
- Licensed Master of Towing Vessels Western Rivers is required
- Lead, collaborate, and direct vessel crew activities
- Baseline knowledge of switching, fleeting, and barge freight movements
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective at adapting to changing workplans
What are your responsibilities as a Pilot on the Brennan Marine team?
- Thorough knowledge of General navigation procedures, navigation rules, sound and light signals, tug lights and shapes, barge running lights, reports of boarding, uninspected towing vessel, AWO RCP to operate the vessels in a safe and efficient manner
- Accurate completion of the Daily Vessel Logs and any other logs or records in accordance with policy
- Actively promote “The Brennan Way” in all interactions both internally and externally
- Responsible for crew’s safety meetings, guidelines and safety training, drills, materials and policy
- Serve as a mentor to aid in the development of deck crew and other members of Brennan team
Why choose us?
- You will get to work for a company voted by our employees as a Great Place to Work®, for the fourth year in a row.
- Our focus on safety and quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to exceed.
- They key to our success is our people! From personal development, to teamwork and collaboration, we strive to promote individual growth and advancement.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above average compensation.
If you want a career where you will work hard, have opportunities for advancement, and do things every day that others only dream about then we want you.
Brennan Marine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.