Parker Towing is accepting applications for a Pilot (Mobile, AL)
Parker Towing Company is currently hiring for Pilots. Don't miss this great career opportunity. For this position, the schedule consists of 20 days on, 10 days off. A schedule of 28 days on and 14 days off is a small possibility. This position requires you to be away from home for extended periods of time. You can live anywhere and work on the river! At Parker Towing we strive to offer the best benefits for you and your family: medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, bi annual bonuses, 401k.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- Master or Mate Pilot upon Inland Waters & Western Rivers License Required
- Black Warrior experience preferred, but not required
- This position will be report directly to the Port Captain and will be responsible to the towboat master for the regular performance of their job duties.
- Leadership skills and effective verbal and written communication skills are critical.
- Follow all U.S. Coast Guard regulations and requirements in order to ensure employee safety and vessel compliance.
- Conduct fire emergency procedures and fire drills.
- Follow vessel transfer procedures.
In addition to the above-specified qualifications, the successful applicant must possess a high school diploma or equivalent as well as a valid driver’s license, and successfully complete pre-employment aptitude and physical fitness testing. Requirements and responsibilities listed are not all-inclusive.