Plumbing Designer (Paducah, KY)
Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering & Testing is accepting applications for a Plumbing Designer in Paducah, KY. Marcum Engineering, LLC, is seeking a full-time Plumbing Designer for its Paducah, Kentucky office.
The Bacon Farmer Workman and Marcum Engineering family of companies are committed to providing multi-disciplined, full-service engineering excellence through planning, design, and construction for Civil, Structural, Transportation, Mechanical and Electrical projects of diverse complexities. With 140+ employees in ten office locations, we are committed to offering excellence and exceptional service on every project.
Bacon Farmer Workman and Marcum Engineering are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our employees are uniquely talented and strive to be the best in their field. By nurturing the curiosity and talent of our employees, we provide them with the tools for success both personally and professionally, enabling each individual to determine the trajectory of their career.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with producing project based plumbing specifications
- Assist in creation of plumbing plans, schematics, equipment selection, calculations, systems narratives and specifications, system design and layout, field investigation and construction administration
- Ability to understand and apply design codes and specifications
- Assist with on-site observations during construction and coordinate design requirements with contractors and equipment suppliers under the direction or project engineer.
- Work in close contact with the entire design team
- Provide engineering support for Senior engineering staff
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective work in both individual and team environments
- Ability to work comfortably on technical projects
- Associate’s Degree in relevant field of study with Bachelor of Science being preferred
- 2 Years’ Experience in Plumbing Design/Drafting Preferred
- Experience in engineering design programs such as AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Background Related to the Plumbing Construction Industry (Experience with Autodesk Revit would be considered in lieu of plumbing background)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Coverage (employee coverage employer paid)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance of $50,000
- Additional Life Insurance available for employee and dependents
- Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Employer-Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance available
- Company Match 401k program
- HSA or FSA
- Remote Work Possible
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Eight Paid Holidays
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering & Testing here.