Port of Blencoe Longshoreman - Grain
NEW Cooperative announced and construction began at Port of Blencoe. This 38-acre site is accessible by a hard service road from Interstate 29, making this facility the largest and most northern port on the Missouri.
Posted: May 27, 2022
Blencoe, IA 51523
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
- Knowledge of safe & proper operation of all terminal equipment, which includes but is not limited to forklifts, conveyers, rigging, front end loaders, cranes and other heavy equipment.
- Expected to assist in all areas of the unloading, loading and transferring of grain, fertilizer products and general cargo which may include but not be limited to barge, truck and rail operations, and sampling/testing of products received and shipped
- Must develop a knowledge of the product you are dealing with and its properties
- Operate commercial equipment as needed.
- Assist in setup & maintenance of equipment.
- Perform standard routine maintenance and repairs to equipment throughout all areas of the location.
- General labor (sweeping, shoveling, etc.)
- Maintain required paperwork
- Assists at other locations as required
- Must have an acceptable driving record and be insurable to drive.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Class A CDL with tanker and HAZMAT endorsements.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Commercial Handler’s or Applicator’s License.
- Understand the importance of providing very high levels of customer service.
- Understand the seasonality of the farm supply business and the in-season time commitment.
- Previous experience with logistics is preferred.
Job Performance Skills:
Team Work/Team Player
Fulfills commitments to other team members. Puts team success ahead of individual success. Doesn’t hog the credit for others’ work. Works comfortably with all team members. Takes charge when it is necessary to facilitate an action or decision. Volunteers to help others with projects or assignments. Gives and welcomes feedback. Expresses disagreement constructively. Listens to and responds constructively to all team members. Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Performs work in a safe manner at all times. Checks the work area for hazards and corrects unsafe situations. Uses personal protection equipment. Maintains an organized work area. Seeks guidance from the supervisor if needed. Considers the safety of other employees. Understands and follows safety regulations. Reports unsafe conditions.
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Doesn’t make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries her fair share of the workload.
Displays a high energy level. Enjoys working hard. Self-starter; doesn’t wait to be told to take action. Looks for opportunities to do extra work in order to help a project move along. Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations. Displays an obvious sense of urgency. Does more than what is normally required. Volunteers readily.
High School or better.
Licenses & Certifications
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about NEW Cooperative, Inc.