NEW Cooperative, Inc. is accepting applications for Port of Blencoe Operations (Blencoe, IA)
Description: Fulfils the demands of the location by performing the operations of the port facility by unloading, loading and transferring grain, fertilizer products and general cargo in an organized, safe and effective manner that promotes the overall business plan of NEW Cooperative, Inc.
Job Performance Skills:
Fulfills commitments to other team members. Puts team success ahead of individual success. Does not hog the credit for others’ work. Works comfortably with all team members. Takes charge when it is necessary to facilitate an action or decision. Volunteers to help others with projects or assignments. Gives and welcomes feedback. Expresses disagreement constructively. Listens to and responds constructively to all team members. Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Performs work in a safe manner at all times. Checks the work area for hazards and corrects unsafe situations. Uses personal protection equipment. Maintains an organized work area. Seeks guidance from the supervisor if needed. Considers the safety of other employees. Understands and follows safety regulations. Reports unsafe conditions.
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Doesn’t make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries her fair share of the workload.
Displays a high energy level. Enjoys working hard. Self-starter; does not wait to be told to take action. Looks for opportunities to do extra work in order to help a project move along. Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations. Displays an obvious sense of urgency. Does more than what is normally required. Volunteers readily.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
- Knowledge of safe & proper operation of all terminal equipment, which includes but is not limited to forklifts, conveyers, rigging, front end loaders, cranes and other heavy equipment.
- Expected to assist in all areas of the unloading, loading and transferring of grain, fertilizer products and general cargo which may include but not be limited to barge, truck and rail operations, and sampling/testing of products received and shipped
- Must develop a knowledge of the product you are dealing with and its properties
- Operate commercial equipment as needed.
- Assist in setup & maintenance of equipment.
- Perform standard routine maintenance and repairs to equipment throughout all areas of the location.
- General labor (sweeping, shoveling, etc.)
- Maintain required paperwork
- Assists at other locations as required
- Job Requirements:
- Must have an acceptable driving record and be insurable to drive.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Class A CDL with tanker and HAZMAT endorsements.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Commercial Handler’s or Applicator’s License.
- Understand the importance of providing very high levels of customer service.
- Understand the seasonality of the farm supply business and the in-season time commitment.
- Previous experience with logistics is preferred.
In the years since 1973 one element of our story remains consistent. NEW was founded by farmers who saw mutual benefits in sharing resources.
The direction came from two local co-ops – one with rail capabilities and the other with additional grain to fill those outgoing trains. From the start, the idea was progressive, savvy, and practical. When we pool our resources, they said, every single farm gains momentum.
Together, our Iowa farmers buy better and sell better. Every crop year they can capitalize on the ability to produce more efficiently, too. Knowledgeable employees attracted by our vision and sense of mission help NEW Cooperative customers know what’s merely inventive and which innovations make strong economic sense. As a result, we’re always achieving something NEW!
For more information and to apply for this position click here.