Created in 1926, the Port of Harlingen provides efficient and economical transportation to markets as close as Corpus Christi and as far as the Great Lakes. The Port is the second largest in Cameron County, with an overall cargo tonnage of 1 million annually. It sits on over 2,000 acres of land with 650 feet of dry cargo wharf, 100 feet of dry bulk wharf and 5 docks and continues to serve as a strategic link in the comprehensive transportation network of South Texas.
Located in the southernmost tip of Texas on the Arroyo Colorado River, the Port of Harlingen facilitates trade of bulk and liquid cargo as well as petroleum in Texas, Louisiana and Mexico. Facilities include over 1,300 miles of protected waterway. This strategic location offers a comprehensive transportation network with easy access to rail, air, and international highways. is also part of Foreign Trade Zone No. 62, located in Cameron County, Texas.
The Harlingen channel is maintained to a width of 125 feet and a depth of 12 feet with a turning basin that is 400 feet wide and 14 feet deep. It is supplied by the Arroyo Colorado, a fresh water river. Terminal docks and other facilities ease shipments into and out of the Port.
Please learn more here or contact IRPT Member:
24633 E Port Road
Harlingen, TX 78550